Was the game really that boring?

quiet_riot said:
DD said:
1 shot on target and 2 off for both sides is fucking boring in anyone's book

I totally disagree with this, not just for our match, but for football as a whole. Shots doesn't mean entertainment.
I'd much rather watch a tactical 0-0 game with good play from both sides, than a total one-sided demolition job.

What good play was this then? Both sides were utterly dross with the ball at their feet.

Has it really come to the point where a few good tackles outstrips good attacking play, high tempo football and goalmouth excitement for entertainment.

I'm sorry but does it have to be 0-0 or one-sided? No it doesn't.

Even Liverpool supporters accept that their performance was bloody awful. We were hardly any better.

We have not yet attained a league result against anyone above half-decent playing this football. It's boring, it's stifled our natural game and it is going to cost us dearly because we need wins now, not 0-0 draws against teams we needed to beat that were there for the taking if we hadn't sat back and put on a very convincing act of being eleven startled rabbits.

If we had played like that against Chelsea and Arsenal at home, games we won and played well in, we wouldn't have won because we wouldn't have even fashioned a single chance, especially against Chelsea.

DD said:
What good play was this then? Both sides were utterly dross with the ball at their feet..

A) No they weren't, there were some good moves, accurate passing, fast breaks.
B) I quite clearly said "NOT JUST OUR MATCH"

quiet_riot said:
DD said:
What good play was this then? Both sides were utterly dross with the ball at their feet..

A) No they weren't, there were some good moves, accurate passing, fast breaks.
B) I quite clearly said "NOT JUST OUR MATCH"

They were both dross and it's the dullest game I have seen for years, although the Pompey, Bolton and Stoke games ran it close, to be fair.

I will stand to be corrected,but the first time a city player touched the ball in

the dippers box was 27mins

thats how bad it was

bigmal said:
I will stand to be corrected,but the first time a city player touched the ball in

thats how bad it was
It was worse than watching Coronation St.

Neil McNab said:
bigmal said:

thats how bad it was
It was worse than watching Coronation St.

Feel a bit sorry for Gail

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.