Was the game really that boring?

It's been our best performance for about 6 weeks, a good midfield battle and I thought Ade got unfair criticism too, he was spraying the ball round & never usually loses possession.

It wasn't a classic, but all the media garbage about it being the worst game ever is complete crap. Two sides who didn't want to lose and only one (us) who were prepared to at least try and win it, even if we weren't good enough to break them down. The defense was excellent and we shoudln't lose sight of the positives in all the doom and gloom reporting.

Thought 1st half was a bit dour but definately livened up in the 2nd. City players now know what its like for us fans round Stanley Park. Getting ambushed by Scouse thugs.

1 shot on target and 2 off for both sides is fucking boring in anyone's book and in anyone's era. Only one of those six efforts was even remotely serious. If anyone can ever give me a lower shots on goal stat for two teams in one game then I would be amazed.

If people are satisfied spending circa £40 on watching that then all as I can say is some people have been so starved over the years of footballing excitement, they are happy to settle for anything.

There wasn't even any tension because there was never even the slight possibility that there would have been a goal.

It's up there with the most ten boring games I have ever witnessed in 31 years as a season ticket holder, that's for sure.

I totally agree about the game NOT being boring! Mostly said by rags by the way, i thought they played as a team and everyone put in a shift. I think the one point suited us more than the scousers, you could tell how desperate they were to win by their 5/6 yellow cards and desperate tackles that went 'unnoticed'. all in all an excellent performance i thought. Dont tell me that the general f0otballing public are getting like the yanks in that a 0-0 draw is deemed as a poor game or boring!
Hope they all play like that wednesday!
Not been to wembley for fckin years.

For anyone not following G*d's own team and pool. I suppose it was a bit boring because of the lack of goals and outright scoring oppotunities. For me though, I expected as much, and I was pleased with the performance.

Bonol said:
bono_170340t.jpg

Bono's got new glasses!

DD said:
1 shot on target and 2 off for both sides is fucking boring in anyone's book

I totally disagree with this, not just for our match, but for football as a whole. Shots doesn't mean entertainment.
I'd much rather watch a tactical 0-0 game with good play from both sides, than a total one-sided demolition job.

quiet_riot said:
DD said:
1 shot on target and 2 off for both sides is fucking boring in anyone's book

I totally disagree with this, not just for our match, but for football as a whole. Shots doesn't mean entertainment.
I'd much rather watch a tactical 0-0 game with good play from both sides, than a total one-sided demolition job.

This^^^^^

It was both teams cancelling eachother out, Both managers tactics made it very hard for either side to break eachother down, Both sides were really well organised, We just missed that bit of cutting edge in the final third, As in TEVEZ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.