Was this the story pulled earlier? Mancini V Tevez {merged}

Brain Kidd off Sky Sports.com:

He said: "There was an awful lot said between the group at half-time, but the lads showed a great response in the second half.

"It showed how badly they wanted to win."

(Sorry if I'm late posting this)

Tevez is doing a fantastic job for the team but playing football as I do and knowing this position it's got to be one of the most frustrating roles in the game. I totally expected this to happen to be honest. Credit to them both for meeting it head on and then still getting on with it. Saying that, it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Re: Tevez and Mancini bust up (Funniest bull**** of the year)

Damocles said:
dctid said:
Agreed - as i said i dont believe the details as described BUT i do believe that there is something in it - why did he high five Santa - could it be he is pissed off playing on his own and had a "frank exchabge of words" at half time - seems to fit - but what fans need to consider is that Tevez relationship with Mancini is not exactly iddylic and could / may go the same way as Bellamy did - so Mancini or Tevez?

Do you just come here to spout bullshit theories?

Maybe he high fived Santa because, y'know, they're friends as they both play the same position and speak the same language?

Tevez playing on his own is what's best for him, and he absolutely knows it. The whole reason he came here was to become the focal point of the club, which he wasn't at United.

Dickheads come over here and say how Tevez's 'relationship with Mancini' isn't great, which is just crap really. We have a dressing room full of fiery winners, heated arguments will happen from time to time. Besides this, Mancini is the boss, plain and simple. Even Tevez isn't stupid enough to fall out with his boss, when he's on an astronomical contract, is the focal point of the team and is talking of retirement in a few years. I have no clue who will pay him anywhere near what we do and still give him the same privileges, and I'm sure he's clever enough to realise this.

Posts such as the above show beyond all reasonable doubt that you have never been in any sort of competitive team based situations in your life, especially sporting ones.

The idea that any dressing room at any club is some sort of happy clapping Buddhist convention is utterly ridiculous; no manager from the beginning of time to now has ever kept a constant lid on all of the players during the down times.

Perhaps you should read Gordon Strachan's autobiography, where he talks about wanting to twat Fergie and constantly getting at him despite this being in his fearsome 'hairdryer days'. He also says later that he would die for him on the pitch to try and impress him, because he hated him so much that he wanted to stick it in his face. Ferguson would seemingly criticise him and blame him for the whole team failing, which would motivate him to go out and play.

Perhaps Mancini has seen that Tevez responds best when he has a point to prove, thus he feels that criticising him is a good idea, as the second half showed, it worked. This is called man management, which is why he gets five million quid a year, and we don't.

Also, I'm still skeptical on whether anything of this sort even happened. Ian Ladyman broke the story and he's right up there with "the Viz" on accuracy of news.
Great post Damocles mate.

fbloke said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317660/Carlos-Tevez-Roberto-Mancini-erupt-Eastlands.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

arlos Tevez and Roberto Mancini erupt at Eastlands as captain and manager clash during win over Newcastle
By IAN LADYMAN Northern Football Correspondent
Last updated at 10:01 PM on 4th October 2010
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini had a blazing row with star striker and captain Carlos Tevez as the uneasy truce between the two men exploded during half-time of the club's 2-1 win over Newcastle on Sunday.
Mancini and Tevez stood toe-to-toe exchanging verbals as the inquest into a lacklustre first half turned heated in the home dressing room at City's Eastlands stadium.
At one point it looked as though Tevez may even be substituted.

Bust-up: Carlos Tevez and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had a disagreement at half-time during the win over Newcastle
It is understood that the mood turned sour on Sunday when Mancini entered the dressing room after his players and heard Tevez saying something he didn't like.
City's Italian manager then made a comment of his own and Tevez jumped up from his seat to confront him.
Words were exchanged and other members of the team and backroom staff had to intervene.
On Monday City sources were at pains to stress that the incident did not get physical and that it is not expected to threaten Tevez's standing at the club or in Mancini's team.
However, it was intense enough for Mancini to threaten Tevez with substitution and at one point the Argentina international did have his shirt off as though he was preparing for his afternoon to be cut short.
It is understood that, once the situation had been defused, Mancini delivered a rollicking to the rest of the team before spending the last few moments of the interval in his office. Tevez then followed him there and the two men made up privately.
Tevez went on to play a full role in City's second-half performance that saw them edge a narrow win and shook hands with his manager when he was substituted late in the game.

Spot on: Tevez did fire home City's first from the penalty spot against Newcastle
Subsequently Mancini agreed to Tevez's request to take an extra day off after the international break so that he can visit his daughter who is currently in South America.
On Monday night City assistant manager Brian Kidd said: 'There was an awful lot said between the group at half-time but the lads showed a great response in the second half.'
But the incident will bring fresh focus on the nature of Tevez's relationship with his coach. Last season, Tevez was the most outspoken critic of Mancini's controversial double training sessions and chose the eve of a Manchester derby to spell out his reservations and claim that his good form at City had nothing to do with the Italian.
At the end of last season, Tevez and Mancini had a meeting to clear the air and subsequently the City manager surprised everybody by naming him captain.
Certainly, the relationship between the two men had been good enough for Tevez to continue producing his very best football.
Sunday's goal against Newcastle - a first-half penalty - was his fifth of the season.

this all lot of tensions between the coach and players is probably true.Tevez must have been critical of mancini team formation tactics while playing a 3 man MF with two of them not with too much vision and mobility and that too against teams like newcastle at home has frustrated tevez.I had gone a long way pretending these all news were false but their constant recurrence and probably verified by kidd yesterday goes to show there is still not much respect for mancini by some players and its all due to his own fault and his own weird team tactics.Hate to admit but mancini is kind of a nut.

Re: Was this the story pulled earlier?

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
Quotes like this annoy me. So unless you have either a YouTube clip or a direct quote from, oh don't know, Given for example, does that mean it didn't happen?

lets say it did happen as reported i'd love to get hold of the little shit that leaked it, i'd snap his fucking head off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

Manager lays into team at half time. Team wins game. Captain shakes manager’s hand when subbed. What's the problem?

Those using this to start the man management debate again need to look at what we've learned over the last couple of months about Bobby Manc.

We've learned that despite his smooth looks and charming demeanour he is a ruthless authoritarian who will not suffer fools in the squad. He has made it clear that it's are either his way or the highway and he's put some fight into the team along with his boring tactics. It looks like it's working as we're second. AJ is starting to reproduce his England form for us. The defensive pair of Kolo and Vince looks as good as any in the prem. The midfield three owned the centre of the park against the champions of last year who had a reputation of bullying other teams.

I can't wait to see who gets the boot in January. We will surely see the back of the dissenters then.

As for those who run to the press, I'm sure they will get something stronger than a please don't do it again.

Just heard as well that during al this between Mancini and Tevez, De Jong apparently kicked Platt in the chest, Yaya spent his £220,000 a week ordering balti pies, AJ joined MJ in a drinking and coke snorting competition whilst Richards was injecting himself with steroids oh and Santa Cruz and Adebayor bought themselves a Juventus and Lazio shirt to prepare them for January.

I don't know the truth behind these comments but I guess we'll just wait for a City insider to tell the Daily Mail, The Sun and The Star before we can panic.

Those of you saying "this is press bullshit and we should sue em" are totally naiave.

It has obviously happened. There may be some exageration of course but there has been a bust up. And it's far from the first between the two.

For the record I actually agree with Tevez and I respect him for having the balls to come out and say it.

Newcastle were there for the taking and we kept Johnson and Ade on the bench and filled the side with tacklers.

In the scheme of thigns, though, I do agree that these things happen in dressing rooms and in isolation this is not the end of the world. It's just another slightly worrying story. But if the management can channel this sort of passion in the right way we might be OK.

Carlos is pissed off with his national team at the moment which may have had something to do with his attitude on Sunday. He flew on a private jet to play in a meaningless friendly the other side of the world for Argentina after the game. He can't understand why they keep playing friendlies the other side of the world when a majority of the players are based in Europe. This is not a wind up but FACT!

Didsbury Dave said:
Those of you saying "this is press bullshit and we should sue em" are totally naiave.

It has obviously happened. There may be some exageration of course but there has been a bust up. And it's far from the first between the two.

For the record I actually agree with Tevez and I respect him for having the balls to come out and say it.

Newcastle were there for the taking and we kept Johnson and Ade on the bench and filled the side with tacklers.

In the scheme of thigns, though, I do agree that these things happen in dressing rooms and in isolation this is not the end of the world. It's just another slightly worrying story. But if the management can channel this sort of passion in the right way we might be OK.
Come on DD, you know you can't talk common sense on here, especially not clear and concise common sense mate!!

Ducky_ said:
Brain Kidd off Sky Sports.com:

He said: "There was an awful lot said between the group at half-time, but the lads showed a great response in the second half.

"It showed how badly they wanted to win."

How are people still staying it didn't happen?

Kidd pretty much says it did right there, but no doubt it has been exaggerated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.