Waspi Women

the gov was supposed to contact every woman affected , as the do now a days , they didnt so that is that , i wasnt reading newspapers back then and had no idea about it , it doesnt involve me anyway but the gov got it wrong , not that they will put their fucking hands up , any of them
They have never contacted me either to let me know I have to work until I am 67 years until I reach State Pension Age (SPA). Seven full years later than I was due to receive my State Pension than when I first started work at the age of 16 years.

Last edited:

It won't be the government who pays for any compensation. It's working age people and future generations.

I'm guessing the majority of women affected by this voted for the Tories in the last election and against Corbyn who said he'd look into it make it right.

The WASPI women couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, there have been numerous fallouts and splits in the organisation. Not surprising from a cohort of people who neglected their responsibilities for their own financial planning.

Last edited:

It won't be the government who pays for any compensation. It's working age people and future generations.

I'm guessing the majority of women affected by this voted for the Tories in the last election and against Corbyn who said he'd look into it make it right.

The WASPI women couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, they've been numerous fallouts and splits in the organisation. Not surprising from a cohort of people who neglected their responsibilities for their own financial planning.
I have been trying to explain your last paragraph since I started this thread in 2019.
But these Waspi women can't see that it was their own responsibility to plan for their retirement,and they were all given more than adequate notice of the increase in SPA , but they want to blame someone else for their lack of planning.
And I will be very surprised if they get any compensation, the issue will drag on for years and years .

Last edited:
I work for DWP, although I've never worked on the Pensions side.
20 years ago we knew the pension age would have to be increased, but perhaps I was more aware of the discussions around it because of my job role. Plus, about 14 years ago, we could see it coming into action because of the changes at which each claimant (I worked on JSA at this time) was due to reach retirement age.
I think the main unfairness is for those women born at the beginning of the 1950s who, regardless of the reasons why, were unaware of it and weren't notified.

They have never contacted me either to let me know I have to work until I am 67 years until I read State Pension Age (SPA). Seven full years later than I was due to receive my State Pension than when I first started work at the age of 16 years.
It is a scandal , typical of men to slate the women involved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.