Waspi Women

Whilst I understand that some individuals would have been horribly effected by a late notification (particularly those women who lived on their own), I can't understand how they can make any compensatory awards fair. Especially if it's the same amount for each person. People will have had wildly different situations. Some will have been massively effected whilst others not so much.

When changes to private pensions were introduced in 2015 ,one of the new pensions that was introduced was "drawdown" which meant that I could retire at age 62 by taking a larger monthly amount initially,and then taking less each month when I got my state pension.
I still had to wait until I was 66 before I qualified for my SP , like alot of other men born in the 1950s.
And yet there are no protests or marches on Parliament from Boomer guys, some of these Waspi women are so entitled and think the world owes them a living.
That’s not a drawdown. A drawdown is taking all the cash you’ve have built up and putting it in funds and living off, hopefully, any profits.

You’re thinking of a PIE (Pension Increase Exchange) pension where you get a higher amount until your state pension kicks in.

Agree with your broader point by the way.

That’s not a drawdown. A drawdown is taking all the cash you’ve have built up and putting it in funds and living off, hopefully, any profits.

You’re thinking of a PIE (Pension Increase Exchange) pension where you get a higher amount until your state pension kicks in.

Agree with your broader point by the way.
No that's an annuity. He's right.

A law was passed by Parliament in 1995 so that women were brought into line with the state pension that men had for the previous 60 years.
How much notice do these entitled women need.
100 years notice and they would still be fucking moaning.
Pre internet , nobody from the gov wrote to them with the changes that applied if they were born before a certain date , not entitled, owed ffs, be a man and fight your own corner on your pension

Pre internet , nobody from the gov wrote to them with the changes that applied if they were born before a certain date , not entitled, owed ffs, be a man and fight your own corner on your pension
We did manage to gather news and other information before the Internet existed, usually from newspapers, magazines and TV.
These pension changes were well publicized on all 3 mediums I have mentioned, they were headlines all through the mid 90s. I knew all about them, and they didn't affect me at all.

We did manage to gather news and other information before the Internet existed, usually from newspapers, magazines and TV.
These pension changes were well publicized on all 3 mediums I have mentioned, they were headlines all through the mid 90s. I knew all about them, and they didn't affect me at all.
the gov was supposed to contact every woman affected , as the do now a days , they didnt so that is that , i wasnt reading newspapers back then and had no idea about it , it doesnt involve me anyway but the gov got it wrong , not that they will put their fucking hands up , any of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.