Watch WC Presentation Live

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
Thanks.

I'll tell you why I want us to lose it, not because Beckham can't speak properly, but because there are people yapping on who believe we actually have a right to host it. We don't have a right to host it, no more than the other countries in the running anyway. On talksport this week I have heard some presenters say we should win it because we are a more developed country than Russia, and because the Iberian countries are skint. How fucking arrogant can you get? Thats why I want it to fall flat on its arse.

But we do have the best bid. Russia hasn't the infrastructure and the Iberian countries are flat broke and the stadium building is government funded. In a time of austerity, the England bid would cost the least and is the bid of common sense in the current climate.

You're gonna get pelters on here and your sounding like a selfish nob. Some people sounded arrogant, so you would starve the nation of a great tournament and billions in investment and a boost for the economy.

That's top that is.
Russia has 7 years to put the infrastructure in place, and plenty of money to do it as well. Wembley cost almost 1 billion quid to build, whilst at the same time our Bavarian friends were building what I think is a better stadium for about a 3rd of the cost. The African stadiums also cost a 3rd of the cost. The cost of the Olympics is spiralling out of control, as predicted. There will be 3 stadiums to build, (I think), if we win the bid, are you telling me that us as a country won't let those costs escalate to laughable levels as well?

SWP's back said:
gio's side step said:
Or how about a 'we don't live in a controlled box with our eyes shut subculture'?

Shit sorry. ITS FANTASTIC, MOVING, INSPIRATIONAL AND ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY FOR THE UNDERPRIVILEGED -WAIT .... BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE BID TEAM ARE TELLING US.

That's the spirit,

(now take off the foil hat ;-)

:-) Come on Shauny Wright Wright Wright

You know very well, it's fuck all to do with legacy and ultimately whether we are prepared to pay them what they are asking for. I suspect we are.

SWP's back said:
lloydie said:
That's the biggest fallacy of the lot, our bid includes Plymouth, Milton Keynes and Bristol, all of which are still on the drawing board.

3 - better than the 9 and 11 that need building for the russian and iberian bids.

Not even that. Stadium MK already exists. It has two tiers, though they only have seating in the bottom tier at the moment. All they need to do there is put seating into the upper tier. It is only Plymouth and Bristol than need doing from scratch.

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
But we do have the best bid. Russia hasn't the infrastructure and the Iberian countries are flat broke and the stadium building is government funded. In a time of austerity, the England bid would cost the least and is the bid of common sense in the current climate.

You're gonna get pelters on here and your sounding like a selfish nob. Some people sounded arrogant, so you would starve the nation of a great tournament and billions in investment and a boost for the economy.

That's top that is.
Russia has 7 years to put the infrastructure in place, and plenty of money to do it as well. Wembley cost almost 1 billion quid to build, whilst at the same time our Bavarian friends were building what I think is a better stadium for about a 3rd of the cost. The African stadiums also cost a 3rd of the cost. The cost of the Olympics is spiralling out of control, as predicted. There will be 3 stadiums to build, (I think), if we win the bid, are you telling me that us as a country won't let those costs escalate to laughable levels as well?

We can argue all day about that but I shall redo my last paragraph:

Sorry pidge, you're wumming, again. You back the media against city and now back the foreign bids against our own.

You want to put personal one upmanship (in showing those "arrogant" people on the radio), ahead of a major boost for the country, its people and economy.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:43 pm --<br /><br />
gio's side step said:
SWP's back said:
That's the spirit,

(now take off the foil hat ;-)

:-) Come on Shauny Wright Wright Wright

You know very well, it's fuck all to do with legacy and ultimately whether we are prepared to pay them what they are asking for. I suspect we are.

Hey - I'm not disagreeing with that at all.

I was just saying your sounded grumpy. Which you did.

:-) xxx

Bwahahaha!

Arshavin said "I am just simple footballer"

Simple.

Lol!

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

We can argue all day about that but I shall redo my last paragraph:

Sorry pidge, you're wumming, again. You back the media against city and now back the foreign bids against our own.

You want to put personal one upmanship (in showing those "arrogant" people on the radio), ahead of a major boost for the country, its people and economy.
I don't back the media against City, I just hold a total different view to the majority, and you know why that is so its pointless bringing that up. I'll leave you all to the Beckham wankathon, (some people are phoning up talksport saying they have tears in their eyes through his speech).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.