Watch WC Presentation Live

City Raider said:
so media darling Becks didn't secure Jack Warners votes, that was his only mission

Unfortunately not but he did manage to get a load of tickets....

Tricky_Trev said:
This is how the voting went:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

So let me get this straight... 2 people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round 1 suddenly changed their mind and voted for Russia in round 2, even though the Netherlands/Belgium bid was still left in?

What's that all about?

That fucking stinks. It is quite obvious that the 2 votes in round 1 for Holland and Belgium were tatical in getting England eliminated and then those 2 votes were used to enhance Russia's chances of winning overall in round 2.

Disgrace.

If i was the FIFA President and I was able to change the voting procedure, I would implement the following:

-Each nation that is participating in the continental qualification competitions will be entitled to elect a representative that would be sent forward to vote as a member of the International Voting Panel. This member must continually permit the scrutinising of all their financial activity during the period of time that they are on the panel, and must also legally agree to being completely independent in the process of voting. Failure to do so will not only lead to legal proceedings being taken against the individual, but also the removal of the nation he represents from the qualifying competition. Any nation who does not agree to this will be prevented from voting, and any individual elected must agree on these terms as a requirement to be a candidate for the panel.

-Nations who are applying to be tournament hosts may not vote in that campaign.

-Each panelist would be individually asked to select their choice on a ballet paper handed to them by an independent adjudicator who monitors the proceedings. The ballot would have the panelist's name on, so that in the event of their choice being knocked out in the first round, they will be called back to re-cast their vote in the 2nd round, and so on. The ballots will be placed in a clear container, which the independent adjudicator will then place on a table inside the room where the ballots were cast. He will then count each vote(with helpers if necessary) and this will also be supervised by another independent adjudicator. The results will then be verified, and then if another round is required the relevant panelists will be brought back to re-vote until a clear winner is determined. This procedure will be broadcast by live feed on the official FIFA website, as well as being accessible to any official television or other media outlet upon request.

-The result will then be announced in the traditional manner by the President.

-The Panel is re-elected after every voting procedure.

Ricster said:
Tricky_Trev said:
This is how the voting went:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

So let me get this straight... 2 people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round 1 suddenly changed their mind and voted for Russia in round 2, even though the Netherlands/Belgium bid was still left in?

What's that all about?

That fucking stinks. It is quite obvious that the 2 votes in round 1 for Holland and Belgium were tatical in getting England eliminated and then those 2 votes were used to enhance Russia's chances of winning overall in round 2.

Disgrace.

Very much this.

Eurovision has got more credibility!

(Reposting ..looking for an appropraite thread to put forward my views from City's perspective :P )

See This may sound strange but as a fanatic City supporter , this is a blessing in disguise . Because if England would have won the bid to host the world cup , that would have meant a financial assistance to Liverpool , Westham , Spuds for moves to a new stadium . that could also have triggered that expansion of old trafford to 95000 capacity .

Now with no world cup bid , means clubs have to pay out of their own pockets to construct new stadiums . At this point we are the only club who can build a stadium on our own thx to our owners ..

This decision will delay spuds and scousers move to a new stadium , and old traffford expansion is a distant dream now . Agent Glazer will never spend some 100 mil to upgrade that cow shed :P .

So , in 5 years time , we will have the best stadium in England .

i still feel sorry for English supporters .. But I only look at things from City's perspective :)

The fact we only got 2 votes and one of them was off the English delegate says everything about how we are viewed as a country.

We shouldnt bother next time, its a waste of fcking time. Well done to that City lad though, his presentation was excellent and he should be proud of himself.

They should just put all the names in a hat and pull one out !!! Then no one would have to grease the filthy palms of the corrupt fukkers !!!
When all is said and done can you imagine how much money would be saved on putting bids together and smoozing the basterds !!! How can an organisation as bent as FIFA have world leaders practicaly beg them !! How powerfull must these cnuts feel ??? No wonder they think they are untouchable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.