Watch WC Presentation Live

Millennium said:
scall said:
Sometimes it's not just about deserving, it's about delivering.

We're talking here about a country the size of Northern Ireland which up until a few years ago, was barely noticeable to anyone unless they dealt in the oil industry. They have only one stadium built, there's nothing in the country for tourists (there is Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc a short plane trip away, but Dubai and Abu Dhabi weren't bidding to host it), it's too hot, the laws are too strict (Brazillian women in bikinis will be getting arrested, so too will plenty of other football fans who will be drinking etc).

Politically yes, a World Cup in the Middle East is great for all that unity of the world stuff, but in practical terms, it makes no sense at all.

For all the above points, Qatar should host the world cup.

The world cup will change alot of things, it will improve life, people thinking, many things will change for better because of the world cup.

And if it is about the wether, i know alot of western people living in UAE and they enjoy the summer more than locals. We have around 180,000 only from UK living and enjoying life in UAE. And Qatar is not different

My question is, why world cup should be hosted during summer, why not during winter? it is once every 4 years.

What you are saying is, some countries because of hot whether during summer, should not host the world cup. i remember the world cup in USA was hosted actually during summer and it was hot aorund 40c.

because we've got our more important domestic seasons to be getting on with.

Just been on News England only got 2 votes in the first round, less than Netherlands and Spain/Portugal

strongbowholic said:
Official - England got

2 yes 2!!

votes

Makes me sick how FIFA can consistently get away with this! It's a complete disgrace! And qatar gets a tournament after being the only bid of the two tournaments to be branded as 'high risk'

Millennium said:
And if it is about the wether, i know alot of western people living in UAE and they enjoy the summer more than locals.
Everyone I know absolutely hates it. That's why the place empties every year between June and August.

The deal was already done I'm sure. That Abramovich knows how to do a deal.

2 votes for the joke dream team of the Eton boys, Beckscum, a 'Lord' and friggin 'Royal prince' that many English people couldn't give a shit about let alone the rest of the world. Yes our boy did good and added some much needed realism.

For me the home nations need to unify if we are to stand any chance in future, or otherwise i agree we pull out and continue to make the Premier League bigger and better than anything that those corrupt wankers can offer. Then they'll come knocking on our door one day with their begging bowl out.

Russia I can see but Qatar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fecking joke.

bluemanc said:
BillyMC said:
This and the Eurovision song contest is the final straw for me....
In the Eurovision Malta gave Germany more votes than they gave us,we need to get Canada & the Aussies in it,at least those 2 like us.

No one likes us..we're the Millwall of the world....fuckem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.