Watch WC Presentation Live

Even the Ozzies have been shafted. One of the hot favourites and ended up with just 1 vote.

Call time on FIFA.

strongbowholic said:
Even the Ozzies have been shafted. One of the hot favourites and ended up with just 1 vote.

Call time on FIFA.

Bin the FA as well while we're at it

Dubai Blue said:
Millennium said:
And if it is about the wether, i know alot of western people living in UAE and they enjoy the summer more than locals.
Everyone I know absolutely hates it. That's why the place empties every year between June and August.

A lad I know who lives in Dubai can't stand the place when Ramadan is on. Hates it because the rules get even stricter and books his jollies for the period.

I know Ramadan changes dates each year when will it be in 2022?

I've just about had enough of FIFA and UEFA to be honest. I think a very serious protest should be made over this. FIFA should not underestimate just how powerful the FA (note: Not the English FA, but simply THE FA) and the Premier League are in world football. I would propose a full-scale boycott of European and International football. The International game would survive but the Champions League would be brought to its knees in absence of our top clubs.

FIFA need to clean its act up. I find it both ironic and quite apt that FIFA, an institution rife with corruption has chosen one of the most corrupt nations on the planet to host the world cup

This is how the voting went:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

So let me get this straight... 2 people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round 1 suddenly changed their mind and voted for Russia in round 2, even though the Netherlands/Belgium bid was still left in?

What's that all about?

mcmanus said:
Dubai Blue said:
Everyone I know absolutely hates it. That's why the place empties every year between June and August.

A lad I know who lives in Dubai can't stand the place when Ramadan is on. Hates it because the rules get even stricter and books his jollies for the period.

I know Ramadan changes dates each year when will it be in 2022?
Around April time if my calculations are right.

Tricky_Trev said:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

So let me get this straight... 2 people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round 1 suddenly changed their mind and voted for Russia in round 2, even though the Netherlands/Belgium bid was still left in?

What's that all about?

Great point, it stinks and is rife with corruption.

rickmcfc said:
Tricky_Trev said:

What's that all about?

Great point, it stinks and is rife with corruption.

Unbelievable. The trouble is, in a couple of weeks it will all die down, everyone will look forward to two new world cup hosts, the bbc panorama will get all the abuse whilst the real criminals will continue to do what they have done for years.

Someone has already said it but someone from the English bid should come out and tell them exactly what they think has happened, and no holding back!

The 2022 votes look just a dodgy, their must have been people voting for 2/3 different countries in each of rounds

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, Korea Republic 4 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 3 votes (Australia eliminated)

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Round 3: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Round 4: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.