Watford (a) post-match

When I read on here, people moaning about Sterling, I thought they were being sarcastic, taking the piss out of the typical Glen Hoddle style commentary.
I genuinely cannot believe people are slagging sterling off after today. There really is no hope for him with certain fans.

Yep, he looked to the bench querying who should take the pen , he was told " You " !
He asked for it, Sergio didn't look like he wanted to give it up, so he looked to the bench to ask for it. Pep eventually agreed (don't know if he directed anything towards Sergio) and then walked back to the bench shaking his head. I half expected him to shank it...glad he didn't. Also, bit disappointed his first action was to run to the fans and not turn towards Sergio and then the fans. I realize that is hypercritical, but I just don't want anything to fuck up the ridiculously high team spirit that seems to have developed this season. Every goal is met with a huddle and a little "post goal team talk" before going again.

Was really happy to see Walker and Stones emphasizing keeping their heads and keeping it tight in the back after we scored the 5th or 6th. I think Pep has them really, really working their asses off for the clean sheet. I think he would much, much rather see a 2-0 than a 6-1. Defending the clean sheet, like winning, is all about attitude and expectations. It is good to see we are emphasizing excellence all over the pitch. THAT is a winning mentality!

Posters on Watford forums seem to congregate around these points:
-we were excellent (apparently we're rather expensively assembled, though)
-two goals were offside and Watford should have had a penalty (apparently referees favour teams such as ourselves)
-some other teams are going to lose by far more than six so not to worry (apparently we were a joy to watch)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.