Watford (a) post-match

Just watching our game on Game of the day on sky , Dave Provans opening words " I think Watford have got enough about them to get at this manchester city side"
6f561a7fb188e3d0f7071c6f43361785.gif

Nice little stats (got it from Opta)

Last three games all comps:

Man City: 52 shots, 28 on target, 29 inside the box
Opposition: 22 shots, 5 on target, 7 inside the box

Crazy good defense. A lot of really poor, desperate shots & most of them from outside the box.

Also good to see the attack not taking so many pot shots from outside like Liverpool or Spurs. Probably a big reason for being so clinical lately. A lot of breaking down defenses, good crosses, which lead to high quality shots inside. Helps to have Kun & Jesus as hungry as ever, & finishing their dinners

Contrast that to Liverpool, with 59 shots in their last two home games, scoring three goals.
The opposition have had 11 shots and also scored three. All about the quality of the shots

Last edited:
Our players look so calm compared to last season, it's showing on their faces for me, looks like they are enjoying their football and being part of this team. Half of the problems last season were mental ones with the players finishing, snatching at things, being indecisive etc.

Our players look so calm compared to last season, it's showing on their faces for me, looks like they are enjoying their football and being part of this team. Half of the problems last season were mental ones with the players finishing, snatching at things, being indecisive etc.
Add to that a lack of width/pace AND skill down the flanks , we look so much more assured at the back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.