Watford (a) post-match

I wasn't making that suggestion, I was only confirming that attending games while living abroad is possible but expensive (financially and otherwise).
Sorry - not aimed at you. I think it was the poster you were replying to (or maybe one more removed...). It was also a general comment, as games attended is sometimes cited to support an opinion, as though that makes a difference.

And you're right about it being expensive to go to games if you live abroad - the last time I did it, I ended up having to go corporate and the tickets were about 150 quid each to see us play Stoke, and almost double that for Liverpool. Fortunately, we won both 3-0 and my 11year old son was in heaven, so it was well worth it!

on that soccer Saturday they have the prediction game,one woman got 5 correct scores and guessed correctly that we would win but got the score wrong,think you can win 250k or something like that,also about 1300 people guessed the correct score for us :)
I had us down to win 3-1. O ye of little faith !

Sorry - not aimed at you. I think it was the poster you were replying to (or maybe one more removed...). It was also a general comment, as games attended is sometimes cited to support an opinion, as though that makes a difference.

And you're right about it being expensive to go to games if you live abroad - the last time I did it, I ended up having to go corporate and the tickets were about 150 quid each to see us play Stoke, and almost double that for Liverpool. Fortunately, we won both 3-0 and my 11year old son was in heaven, so it was well worth it!

Not only do we spend a ton to go when we do (I try to once a season), we get up at 4:25 am for early matches. And try to sneak away from work for long lunches for weekday matches. Wouldn't have it any other way.

But the worst is that we have to explain to many bewildered, clueless compatriots that we follow Manchester CITY, not the other one. But slowly . . . they begin to understand. At my U12 girls's match today (I coach), three (!!) parents came up and asked if I'd seen our match this morning (as if I'd ever miss it). That's a new record. Progress.

Not only do we spend a ton to go when we do (I try to once a season), we get up at 4:25 am for early matches. And try to sneak away from work for long lunches for weekday matches. Wouldn't have it any other way.

But the worst is that we have to explain to many bewildered, clueless compatriots that we follow Manchester CITY, not the other one. But slowly . . . they begin to understand. At my U12 girls's match today (I coach), three (!!) parents came up and asked if I'd seen our match this morning (as if I'd ever miss it). That's a new record. Progress.
Same sort of thing here in Japan:

3:45am wake ups for champions league games are my personal favourite, worth it though!
I've set countless japanese people straight about which team is the one in manchester - Turns out they only know of united because of Kagawa, so I just tell them how they treated him and where he is now, they quickly start to hate.

slowly but surely the scales are falling from their eyes

Commanding performance. Constant pressure, unbelievably accurate passing, incisive forward movement, clinical finishing. As a Feyenoord player said midweek...at times it is like we are playing with 13 players.

Aguero was unbelievable today, and that is before I even mention his goals. Have never seen a center forward work harder and to see it rewarded so well is even more gratifying.

My only downside was Sterling. Apart from the dribble that got him the penalty, I thought he was clearly the weakest City player in the field, but still better than the best Watford player on the field, to be fair to him. He is young, and as long as Pep doesn't lose faith in him, he will grow into this method of playing. In addition, I think it smacks of desperation to beg for the ball for the penalty. Pep finally agreed, but walked back to the bench shaking his head...rightly, IMHO. If it wasn't going to be Sergio getting an opportunity for a 4th, it should have been Gundogan getting the chance to score after a long, long layoff. If Sterling wanted a goal, he should have scored the one Sergio laid on a platter for him, but his first touch let him down for a change!!

Last comment is a reiteration of one of the previous comments...if you look at the team that ended the game, it is mental to think they have another 5-10 years to play together, if they can keep up with the quality that is coming through the Academy and the inevitable 1-2 WC players we add to the squad every year.

The future is BLUE! And what a future it looks like...oh my!

Nothing wrong at all with a Sterling wanting the penalty. He won it had the confidence to take it and it was an excellent penalty. Having watched the whole game Sterling constantly caused them problems and dragged players out of position.

He asked for it, Sergio didn't look like he wanted to give it up, so he looked to the bench to ask for it. Pep eventually agreed (don't know if he directed anything towards Sergio) and then walked back to the bench shaking his head. I half expected him to shank it...glad he didn't. Also, bit disappointed his first action was to run to the fans and not turn towards Sergio and then the fans. I realize that is hypercritical, but I just don't want anything to fuck up the ridiculously high team spirit that seems to have developed this season. Every goal is met with a huddle and a little "post goal team talk" before going again.

Was really happy to see Walker and Stones emphasizing keeping their heads and keeping it tight in the back after we scored the 5th or 6th. I think Pep has them really, really working their asses off for the clean sheet. I think he would much, much rather see a 2-0 than a 6-1. Defending the clean sheet, like winning, is all about attitude and expectations. It is good to see we are emphasizing excellence all over the pitch. THAT is a winning mentality!

Pep indicated Sergio, Sterling asked Sergio for it and he gestured with his hand it's yours. You just have to love Sergio not only a great player but a great guy.

And bought Ederson. He is making a huge difference to the confidence of the back four. He has been a great addition for me. Great with his feet but can save a shot too!

Defence have total confidence in him. He is a huge presence and his concentration yesterday was excellent late on having had nothing much to do all game. First time in a while I think even if they get past the defence they still have to beat Eddie. Going to become an outstanding keeper and he's going to be our keeper for years to come. Seems like a nice guy as well and so hungry to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.