Watford (H) | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

One of those games we were expected to win comfortably in spite of the many changes that would inevitably come. It didn't turn out that way but it should have.

Missed loads of chances, started to get sloppy and conceded another long range shot that nobody closed down.

I know this competition is way down in our list of priorities and we made a fair few changes but there was a lot of sloppy unprofessional play at times. Fucking about when into four minutes of injury time was a big one.

Early in the season and we're obviously doing okay but some things are worrying. How easily teams are breaking through us and our weak defence. Rodri coming back and getting fit should have solved some of that but it now looks like he'll be out for the season. Goalscoring is a worry as well. Without Haaland we're just not clinical enough. We need to get a back up striker in January. Either a young prospect or a wily old fox happy to play as back up. Obviously a Rodri back up too but we've been saying that for years.

Early days, top of the league and through to the next round of the cup. Onwards and upwards.

These commentators dont half talk some shite. "Dont let the scoreline fool you" why, did we win 6-1 or something? No. So what would be a fair score line then 2-2? 2-3 to them? The only team that 2- 2 score line flattered was them, we should have been 3 or 4 up by the time they scored.
" The city players dont look too happy at the end" as Doku casualy strolls off with his hands in his pockets. It was a pretty routine win at home against a championship side in the league cup! What are the players meant to be doing? High fiveing? Screaming in front of fans? Chest pumping? Klopp style fist thumping shite?
Wish they would be honest and just call it as it was, rather than trying to force some faux David vs Goliath narrative, and trying to convince everybody that the game was closer than it was.

Some really bright moments mixed with some dreadful play-but no substitute for getting game time. Involvements in both goals caught the eye but lots of loose control too.
I think that’s fair. He was a mixed bag.
Flat footed and couldn’t sort his feet out at times. At other times however, great positioning and decent passing.

I hope he does get game time and speeds up his processing.

Entertaining match and great to see the kids getting a chance and playing well. Will be a real confidence boost for them.

Rico was just sublime, he’s going from strength to strength. Poor Savinho still somehow hasn’t got on the scoresheet but honestly it’s just a matter of time! He shouldn’t be disheartened after that.

Grealish MOTM for me. Works his arse off offensively and defensively. Could have had several assists, especially in the second half. Just stick him in the middle Pep.

One of those games we were expected to win comfortably in spite of the many changes that would inevitably come. It didn't turn out that way but it should have.

Missed loads of chances, started to get sloppy and conceded another long range shot that nobody closed down.

I know this competition is way down in our list of priorities and we made a fair few changes but there was a lot of sloppy unprofessional play at times. Fucking about when into four minutes of injury time was a big one.

Early in the season and we're obviously doing okay but some things are worrying. How easily teams are breaking through us and our weak defence. Rodri coming back and getting fit should have solved some of that but it now looks like he'll be out for the season. Goalscoring is a worry as well. Without Haaland we're just not clinical enough. We need to get a back up striker in January. Either a young prospect or a wily old fox happy to play as back up. Obviously a Rodri back up too but we've been saying that for years.

Early days, top of the league and through to the next round of the cup. Onwards and upwards.
I can't see anything happening in January mate unless our form becomes very unpredictable from now on and we find ourselves chasing the leaders

Pep had words with him at the end as well. With Rodri out it’s a big chance for Nunez. But he doesn’t want to take it. Gone in January I think.
Terrible buy. His attitude stinks. He went on strike to force his way out of Wolves and has been truly shite. Shown up again by the academy kids.. I wouldn’t care if he never played again.

Entertaining match and great to see the kids getting a chance and playing well. Will be a real confidence boost for them.

Rico was just sublime, he’s going from strength to strength. Poor Savinho still somehow hasn’t got on the scoresheet but honestly it’s just a matter of time! He shouldn’t be disheartened after that.

Grealish MOTM for me. Works his arse off offensively and defensively. Could have had several assists, especially in the second half. Just stick him in the middle Pep.
We watched different games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.