Watford (H) Post Match Thread

Totally agree, 10-15 yard bursts in and around the box is his territory. You never see him go flat out (probably because of injuries) but I always get the impression there's a few more mph under his belt. Don't forget, he's been playing with a knee injury for years and the op has freed him up - much more lateral movement now.
He still managed to pick the ball up on the left and leave two or three players in his wake a couple of times

Beats me what Tierney was smoking... but, hey! - I'd like some of that.

Clueless on the Sterling offside goal.

And wasn't he interfering with play - repeatedly blocking passes from midfield to - I think - Sterling - to the point where fans were loudly booing?
===
Anyhow, a gritty victory against a side that set up to defend with only the occasional long-ball counter attempt.

Beats me what Tierney was smoking... but, hey! - I'd like some of that.

Clueless on the Sterling offside goal.

And wasn't he interfering with play - repeatedly blocking passes from midfield to - I think - Sterling - to the point where fans were loudly booing?
===
Anyhow, a gritty victory against a side that set up to defend with only the occasional long-ball counter attempt.
Yeah, definitely one of the most inept all-round refereeing performances I've seen. It wasn't just once, he got in the way of one pass, and then when we tried to do the exact same pass a few seconds later, he was still in the way. Completely useless positioning.

He still managed to pick the ball up on the left and leave two or three players in his wake a couple of times
Exactly. He does the change of pace thing when the defender thinks he has him and inevitably gains a couple of yards. I would say that last season injuries stopped him running at pace, and that this season he's quicker.

Yeah, definitely one of the most inept all-round refereeing performances I've seen. It wasn't just once, he got in the way of one pass, and then when we tried to do the exact same pass a few seconds later, he was still in the way. Completely useless positioning.
Refs are supposed to follow the play running in a fluid, flexible and diagonal line in a sort of arc, to get a proper view of what's happening. They're not supposed to get in the thick of it. The worst for getting in the way of passes is Taylor. They should be wide of the play or behind it, not bang on it. Easier said than done.

would be interesting if City matched up the bus-parkers, ten men behind the ball, time-wasting etc. Our squad are potentially ideal counter-attackers, speed to spare, fantastic pass threaders in Kev and the Silvas, Kun's gift of being in the right place at the right time, not to mention the missiles that Eddie launches. Plus it would be a welcome break from what is now the norm, attack v defence. Never happen under Pep of course, but one can only dream.....

would be interesting if City matched up the bus-parkers, ten men behind the ball, time-wasting etc. Our squad are potentially ideal counter-attackers, speed to spare, fantastic pass threaders in Kev and the Silvas, Kun's gift of being in the right place at the right time, not to mention the missiles that Eddie launches. Plus it would be a welcome break from what is now the norm, attack v defence. Never happen under Pep of course, but one can only dream.....
All that would happen is a bunch of nil nil draws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.