Watford (H) Post Match Thread

Another victory at the beginning of a trio of important battles on three fronts.

The first half was somewhat turgid thanks to Watford's ten man defence and a lack of precision on the part of City. One of Dave or Sergio should have headed City into the lead and that might have improved matters. The first, rather fortunate, goal shortly after the recommencement of proceedings helped immensely. The only major blip was their consolation goal, where their route one raid clearly had City's defender so surprised to see Watford in their box that they just stood dumbfounded and watched.

A small few just seem intent on taking the joy away it feels........
I know exactly what you mean.
If we lose I tend to leave the forum alone for a couple of days as it’s full of naysayers and doom merchants who make you feel like you should be slitting your wrists.

But these days it’s the same even when we win.
I usually log on after the game when travelling home, but even that’s not worth it when you get. “We haven’t scored soon enough, we let them have too many shots on goal (usually one), we should have won by seven as xxx are shit, player yyy should be got rid of, Guardiola is stubborn yada yada yada”
It’s just not good enough for some, regardless of the fact we’ve won something like seventeen of the last eighteeen games.

They just try to suck the joy from the fun of watching this City team, which is the best team I’ve ever seen play for us.

Currently top of the league, in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, playing in the Champions League on Tuesday and the League Cup gleaming in our bulging trophy cabinet.

Just what do they want?

I know exactly what you mean.
If we lose I tend to leave the forum alone for a couple of days as it’s full of naysayers and doom merchants who make you feel like you should be slitting your wrists.

But these days it’s the same even when we win.
I usually log on after the game when travelling home, but even that’s not worth it when you get. “We haven’t scored soon enough, we let them have too many shots on goal (usually one), we should have won by seven as xxx are shit, player yyy should be got rid of, Guardiola is stubborn yada yada yada”
It’s just not good enough for some, regardless of the fact we’ve won something like seventeen of the last eighteeen games.

They just try to suck the joy from the fun of watching this City team, which is the best team I’ve ever seen play for us.

Currently top of the league, in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, playing in the Champions League on Tuesday and the League Cup gleaming in our bulging trophy cabinet.

Just what do they want?
Best thing I did was stop looking at the match threads from as soon as the team is announced from that moment on it goes downhill. I do occasionally have a glance and have got sucked in. But in the main better to stay well away even when we win there isn't really much helpful in there and some are still moaning , and causing rows.

Best thing I did was stop looking at the match threads from as soon as the team is announced from that moment on it goes downhill. I do occasionally have a glance and have got sucked in. But in the main better to stay well away even when we win there isn't really much helpful in there and some are still moaning , and causing rows.
Good advice
But I look in to relive the game. I just don’t remember the game being as shit as some paint it.
Could be the alcohol of course.

Is it me or do we make less speedy breakaways than we used to. It's seems when we have the opportunity to move forward quickly when we breakdown the opposition attacks we seem to wait a few seconds and the chance has gone?

Is it me or do we make less speedy breakaways than we used to. It's seems when we have the opportunity to move forward quickly when we breakdown the opposition attacks we seem to wait a few seconds and the chance has gone?
See above.. Our strength should be to take advantage of a game when formations are stretched. Seems like we don't .

I think we've had better attacks and worse defences so I think on balance this is the best ' Team'... In the latter stages of yesterdays game an attack of Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo with Yaya barrelling through would have taken more of those late opportunities.
I’m sorry but I have to disagree
A team that has won 3 trophies and amassed 170 points in a season and three quarters is our best ever team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.