Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this is the game that the fans come to the party.

The players need us as much as we need them.

Sing loud, sing proud.

WE ARE NEEDED.

I'm guessing the ones surrounding me will be groaning, shortly followed by screaming if we start 'pissing around' with it. By that I mean first time we have any possession in our half or around the halfway line fans will not be happy. After 10 minutes against Chelsea is was already embarrassing.

For the first time since Everton at home last August, I won't actually be able to watch this game. Hoping when I get outside I'll turn my phone on to the news that we've won.

I'm guessing the ones surrounding me will be groaning, shortly followed by screaming if we start 'pissing around' with it. By that I mean first time we have any possession in our half or around the halfway line fans will not be happy. After 10 minutes against Chelsea is was already embarrassing.

I hated hearing that too! Seriously. I'm hoping given their professionals, such groans won't effect their play and they'll play how they want regardless, but still, you're totally right, it's just embarassing, I hope we can sing our songs and get behind our players!

Feeling really gloomy about our performances at present. Not convinced that we've touched rock bottom. I personally wouldn't back us to beat anybody at present. Not even these. This could easily be another Everton/Southampton/Middlebrough one.
We absolutely dominated those games! Could have scored 3 goals by half time! i wouldn't suggest they were s bad team performance, just a little more clinical up front and more concentration at the back and we'll start winning

If we can pass to the guys in the same colour as us and tackle the guys in the different colour to us we should have a chance.

Agree with the comments of going back to what worked so well in the first 10 games. Get Kdb back in the centre where he thrives such a waste playing him wide. Pace on the wings in sane and sterling, silva/gundo next to Kev. If Delph is ready I'd have him protecting a back 4 of sagna Nico stones clichy. Nolito up top!

If Delph is ready he's not going to start. He will need a few 20 mins spells off the bench after so long out.

It seemed to me that we started losing fluency when Pep decided to shoehorn Fernandhino, Gundogan, Silva & De Bruyne into midfield. I'm surprised that with Fernadhino out he hasnt given Gundogan a go at pivot. Cant he play that position?

PEP: (On changing style following Leicester defeat) No. No way. We are going to play the way I feel.

PEP: I believe in the way I like to play, I am sorry. If I cannot do that, the chairman will decide. But there’s no way I will change.

PEP: Of course I have to adapt, but that doesn’t mean I change the way I believe. You have to play in this kind of way. It’s the best way.

PEP: I thought maybe it would be shorter to adapt but I am pretty sure it will happen. If people want me to fail, there’s nothing I can say.

PEP: Here you have to control the second ball. Without that you cannot survive. We were able to do it earlier in the season.

PEP: (Yaya) is ready to play. He is in squad as normal.

PEP: Watford can play with five or four at the back. I like their strikers. They area really good on set pieces. They are confident.

PEP: The last month we have to accept it’s not going well. The last games at home we didn’t win. I don’t have a defence.

A good press conference I feel. The key question will be how he interprets the difference between 'change' and 'adapt', because he says he won't change (good) but will adapt (very good). Lets see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.