Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope pep stops overthinking and keeps it simple.
navas: most of the reasoning i see for playing navas is he tracks back. a player in an attacking position should good at attacking first and foremost, he's shit don't play him.
fernando: not sure why he was picked to play as DM against leicester, lacks mobility big time. this forced KDB or silva into left wing where they are ineffective. stupid, stupid, stupid. he's shit don't play him.
kolorav: yet again he's lack of pace and awareness of his own lack of pace has cost us. he's shit don't play him.
bravo: early days yet, keep playing him.

my team:

..............bravo
sagna otamendi stones angelino
............gundogan
.....sterling silva kdb sane
.............kelechi

benefits of playing angelino over clichy is he's not shit.
keep tosin on the bench, first diving in mistake otamendi makes take him off, be in 5 or 50 minutes in.
keep it simple pep.

hope pep stops overthinking and keeps it simple.
navas: most of the reasoning i see for playing navas is he tracks back. a player in an attacking position should good at attacking first and foremost, he's shit don't play him.
fernando: not sure why he was picked to play as DM against leicester, lacks mobility big time. this forced KDB or silva into left wing where they are ineffective. stupid, stupid, stupid. he's shit don't play him.
kolorav: yet again he's lack of pace and awareness of his own lack of pace has cost us. he's shit don't play him.
bravo: early days yet, keep playing him.

my team:

..............bravo
sagna otamendi stones angelino
............gundogan
.....sterling silva kdb sane
.............kelechi

benefits of playing angelino over clichy is he's not shit.
keep tosin on the bench, first diving in mistake otamendi makes take him off, be in 5 or 50 minutes in.
keep it simple pep.

Angelino is obviously nowhere near being first team compatible else we would surely have seen him already in place of one of the two jokers we already have impersonating left backs.

I actually missed Ottamendi yesterday which sums up how shit we must be currently. So he comes back in because frankly we have no one else.

Sagna back to right back and Stones gets more more chance to not look like a schoolboy in a men's game.

Caballero in for Bravo because the latter cannot save anything. His distribution has been nullified anyway so what's exactly the point of him?

Silva benched for being shit recently and contribution zero. No goals and 2 assists all season! Some defenders have contributed more than that!

Zabaleta nowhere near the pitch because he is finished at this level.

Fernando out because he is just Mr Average from Averagetown.

Navas out because he is Navas.

so my team is

Caballero
Sagna
Stones
Ottamendi
Kolorov (with huge reservations and only because he is taller than Clichy to counter their threat from set pieces)
Gundogan
Toure
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Nolito

Whether that is sufficient to beat a very effective Watford side, time will tell. I don't fancy us in any game currently and I'm sure it won't be an easy game mainly thanks to Dumb (Fernandinho) and Dumber (Aguero) stupid indiscipline against Chelsea.

We are a shambles at the minute and Guardiola is being paid gazzillions to get this right. He needs to start pulling his fucking finger out now because we have effectively waited 2 years for this watching the dreary ones football.

Bringing in Bravo was totally down to him, letting Nasri go was down to him, deciding that Kolorov and Clichy and Zabaleta were still good defenders is down to him. Bringing in an error prone and raw kid at the back when your captain is so injury prone is down to him and spending £37m on another very raw talent in Sane is also down to him.

We need to start seeing what you are all about Pep because currently we are not!

Bravo
sagna stones Ota Clichy
Zabba
Sterling KDB Silva Nolito
Nacho

Same formation as the start of the season when we were beating everyone.

I'd play

...............Bravo..............
Sagna....Ota...Stones....Angelino
........Fernando..Silva............
Raheem...........Kev.......Nolito
..............Kelechi.............

and I'd gladly bench Gundogan.

If Pep picks Kolarov in defence for this game it is purely out of stubbornness. We are consistently seeing goals score against us by players running past him Vardy must have been 10 yards ahead of him for the 3rd goal and last week was the same.
I'd rather see Maffeo and Angleino play it can't be any worse, even Navas at right back would be better. We need pace at the back because the simplest way to play us is quick ball from the half way line and then just out run us.

2-2 sounds about right for this one. The tactics won't change, so neither will the results.

..................bravo

sagna.... stones... nico... clichy

................ gundo

sane.........debruyne ........ nolito

..........sterling.....nacho

That team is loaded with pace up top, instead of trying to outnumber the opposition middle and have all the possession and being able to do fuck all with it because there is less room to operate, we could sit back a little more, this would help the defense with less space behind them and we could hit them on the break at speed, and with the 2 pacey forwards up front it would give their centre halfs a bit more to think about instead of the usual one man on his own marked out of the game. I was thinking about having nando in there, but whats the point really, he doesnt seem to be able to stop any half decent player so we may as well just try and be a bit more compact and use our speed on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.