Watford (h) pre-match thread

Watford (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil's on a ticking clock. There's 57 games max (excluding cup replays) before David Silva retires, and Pep will not let the squad get weaker, so Foden has to be ready to take over as a proper first teamer by July or we will go out and buy someone who'll block him for years.
It's not just the prospect of a new signing either. We haven't seen this much but if Mahrez continues to impress and nails down a place on the right then there's a possibility that Bernardo could start to play more in midfield which would mean another player in his way. Interesting to see how things unfold throughout the season.

De Bruyne and Fernandinho has to play every PL-game for atleast 5-6 weeks or as long as Stones is out. I really hope Pep understand this.
With leader Ferna in the back four and Kevin as attacking mid, I would feel quite comfortable in both defense and attack. I also feel we need to use Mahrez more consistently at right wing so he can really find his form. I'm not his greatest fan right now because he is so inconsistent and sometimes pure crap. Bernardo should be paired with KDB and Rodri at midfield. He is too good to be on the bench. Use David/Gundogan when resting KDB/Bernardo, but these guys need to play every game.

Bernardo should be paired with KDB and Rodri at midfield. He is too good to be on the bench. Use David/Gundogan when resting KDB/Bernardo, but these guys need to play every game.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment here mate, he never plays Bernardo and Kevin together in midfield. Only time it's happened was in December against Leicester when we had an injury crisis. A more realistic expectation is one of Kevin and Bernardo paired with one of Gundo and David.

Although fwiw, Bernardo's hardly played in midfield recently... but I suppose we could see more of it with Mahrez hitting form.

How about a 3-5-2 with Mendy back?

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Mendy
Cancelo
KDB
Gundogan
Sterling
Jesus
Aguero

It's probably not the right game to try this but I'm wondering when Pep will bring it back.

More likely line up:

Ederson
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Walker
Zinchenko
Rodri
Silva
KDB
Mahrez
Sterling
Aguero

Think we'll struggle again as Watford are are a lot better than Shakhtar, so Ian Herbert tells us anyway. Obviously we can't take anything for granted but we do enjoy playing these and should have enough to win it. I'll go for a squeaky bum 1-0 win with Merlin the scorer. Team for me is Ederson, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Otamendi, Garcia, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, B.Silva, D.Silva, Sterling, Aguero.

Subs: Bravo, Mendy, Walker, Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez, Jesus.

I feel that if Mahrez can get a run of 6 or 7 games now, he can build his confidence,hit his best form and then he'll probably stay there or thereabouts even going in and out of the side later on in the season.

Whereas if he never gets a run of games, he's always going to be on the periphery, and never quite feel at home in the side.

Feels to me like he could be key in the big games - as he was for Leicester. Remember that goal at Brighton - turned a potentially nervy 25 minutes into a party.

Think we'll struggle again as Watford are are a lot better than Shakhtar, so Ian Herbert tells us anyway. Obviously we can't take anything for granted but we do enjoy playing these and should have enough to win it. I'll go for a squeaky bum 1-0 win with Merlin the scorer. Team for me is Ederson, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Otamendi, Garcia, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, B.Silva, D.Silva, Sterling, Aguero.

Subs: Bravo, Mendy, Walker, Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez, Jesus.

they were in better form before the Cup Final.

De Bruyne and Fernandinho has to play every PL-game for atleast 5-6 weeks or as long as Stones is out. I really hope Pep understand this.
With leader Ferna in the back four and Kevin as attacking mid, I would feel quite comfortable in both defense and attack. I also feel we need to use Mahrez more consistently at right wing so he can really find his form. I'm not his greatest fan right now because he is so inconsistent and sometimes pure crap. Bernardo should be paired with KDB and Rodri at midfield. He is too good to be on the bench. Use David/Gundogan when resting KDB/Bernardo, but these guys need to play every game.

have you been watching the games since he came back in end of last season?

Feels to me like he could be key in the big games - as he was for Leicester. Remember that goal at Brighton - turned a potentially nervy 25 minutes into a party.
It seems that he generally plays better away from home. When we play at home against packed defenses he has a tendency to slow down the play. In away games he usually has a bit more space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.