Watford (h) pre-match thread

Watford (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking my six year old nephew to his first game Saturday. I've turned him from Barca (when all he knew was Messi) into having his room decorated in city colours and paraphernalia.
He's footy mad and plays for a local team. Really looking forward to it, I'm excited for him.

have you been watching the games since he came back in end of last season?

I have, but still not convinced. He is a bit too obvious sometimes when dribbling or trying to cut inside to his favorite foot. Everyone who watches football knows how much Riyad loves to cut inside. But his biggest issue is never releasing the ball in the exact right time. Sterling was the same a few years ago and now he is doing everything right.
I think Bernardo has more quality in the way he is unpredictable and being able to control the ball so well. I am expecting much more from Riyad. Right now he is the third choice for me, behind Bernardo and (an obviously heathly) Sané.

Ederson
Cancelo Otamendi Ferna Zinchenko
Rodri
KDB D.Silva
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

Walker played a lot of footy, time to see Cancelo. He is settled in now.

Mahrez has to start. Plays well when he starts and wank when he’s a sub. So for me he starts over Bernardo.

2 games a week so more rotation were we can rotate. So wouldnt be shocked if Walker and Zinchenko drop out for this 1. With Mendy playing ( Angelino league cup game ) and Cancelo in for Walker. Midfield Rodri looked tired last night. I would rest him have Gundogan in with KDB and David Silva. Just feel Kun comes back in for Jesus. Saying that I would love to see both Kun and Jesus playing together as a pair. The 3-5-2 system would be good to see it. Sadly I dont think we will see that system. But if there ever was a game to try it is the next 2 games.

I don't think Pep will experiment in any way with his line-up. Zinch and Walker again, David back with KDB, Ferna in CB, Aguero with Sterling and Bernardo. If we beat Watford and Liverpool drop points against Chelsea, we're right back in it (I know it's just the beginning but would feel good about it anyway).

What I would want:

Sterling - Aguero - Mahrez
Bernardo - Rodri - KDB
Mendy - Ota - Ferna - Cancelo

I have, but still not convinced. He is a bit too obvious sometimes when dribbling or trying to cut inside to his favorite foot. Everyone who watches football knows how much Riyad loves to cut inside. But his biggest issue is never releasing the ball in the exact right time. Sterling was the same a few years ago and now he is doing everything right.
I think Bernardo has more quality in the way he is unpredictable and being able to control the ball so well. I am expecting much more from Riyad. Right now he is the third choice for me, behind Bernardo and (an obviously heathly) Sané.

He's been very dangerous in all the games he has started since Brighton. Quicker, better movement, some great passes/flicks - looks a real threat. He was not good against Norwich, but was only on for 10 mins or so bcos the others had stunk up the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.