Wayne Bridge, case for the defence

kippaxwarrior

Team supported
City of course!!
Now a lot of people on here and various other forums have been having a go at Bridge,and frankly i've had enough.
1.Last season if you remember on the left was him and Robbie, now i love Robhino but he didn't excalty bust a gut to track back did he? And that left bridge woefully exposed on the left(i think Evra or Cashley would of struggled)
2.joining in jan didn't help,had no time to settle in, not 100% match fit after not playing regular for Chelsea(which wasn't his fault)

Now this season i feel he will be a key player for us as hes settled in,had a full pre-season and most importantly with the signing of Barry COVER, as Barry is left footed and will cover for Bridge when he makes runs down the left(which Robbie never did)
People' Bridge is an ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL and for 12M we got a really good deal like Barry
This season i'm sure we will see the real Wayne Bridge and he is a class act
Right rant over

(now where's that tin hat!!)

Great Post. Joining in Jan is hard for any player, I just think that most of the fans have decieded to pick on Wayne the most, because he has been placed into the the side straight away, unlike the other January Signings (except Given) who have been introduced gradually. You could see glimpses of quality last season, but now that he has a full pre-season behind him, he should be a great left-back for us!

Wayne, with good cover in front and from better centre-backs will be awesome this season i reckon. He will be giving Cole a run for his money for the world cup next year.

Hmm. Nice effort, but flawed.

Bridge was never covered? Yes, he was. By a quality defender called Nedum. Often when Bridge went walkies, Neds slotted in. When Bridge was brushed aside like a 5year old child, Neds covered. Bridge is SUPPOSED to be covered by DJ, really, but Neds does it.

So, how are you blaming Rob for that??

You need 3 tin hats.

Oh and possibly a tin foiled hat to stop radio waves from aliens...

I agree. Don't get me wrong, he didn't amaze us all with his displays when he joined and yes had poor games; however also had some good games. He is a quality player, in a new team and needs time to gel with those around him. I had this discussion with a City fan at work the other day who HATES Bridge, blames him for every goal we concede, and suggested Turner from Hull as his replacement??!!

I reserve the right to change my mind at Christmas depending on his displays, but he was quality at Southampton, very good at Chelsea when he played and WILL be good for us. He's every bit as good as Ashley Cole for me, who starts every time for England.

Sadly some fans always need a boo-boy, and I fear Bridge is becoming that man for a fair few. Criticism when deserved is fair enough, blind criticism for the sake of it does become tiresome.

I'm sorry but he looked very average last season. I hope he is better this time around but I suspect not.

He's going to need a tin hat if he's going to pass that lame effort off as a 'rant'. Deary me! Not so much as an 'f' word, never mind the 's' word, or the 'c' word for a ladygarden. At the very least, you've got to make the latter into a verb, to get a blase rant-reader like me sitting up and taking notice. Must try harder, OP, must try harder....

;)

Totally agree with your points about Bridge, though :)

cfn1963 said:
I'm sorry but he looked very average last season. I hope he is better this time around but I suspect not.

They all looked average last season except for Ireland and Ned. That will change this time round as it will be a case f shape up or ship out mowfuck

Bigga said:
Hmm. Nice effort, but flawed.

Bridge was never covered? Yes, he was. By a quality defender called Nedum. Often when Bridge went walkies, Neds slotted in. When Bridge was brushed aside like a 5year old child, Neds covered. Bridge is SUPPOSED to be covered by DJ, really, but Neds does it.

So, how are you blaming Rob for that??

You need 3 tin hats.

Oh and possibly a tin foiled hat to stop radio waves from aliens...

He is on about the oppositions right full back, that should be Robinho's job to mark, that is how 4 3 3 works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.