Wayne Bridge & Santa Cruz

Re: Wayne Bridge & Santa Cruz

de niro said:
Santa Cruz is the worst transfer in all my years watching city. That deal alone should have cost Hughes his job.

More fool though the person who signed it off.

No one signed it off. The team doctor said no. Everyone else said no. Hughes made RSC an absolute or he would quit. To me, RSC deal looked like there was money flowing back to Hughes. Kia and Hughes together was a toxic combination.

I remember a few cases of us buying quite old players on really long deals. Didn't we give Bellamy a 5 year deal when he was 30? I was pleased when we signed him, but surely no-one could've thought he'd be able to play for 5 years at the top level?

jknight said:
eversince 76 said:
A few disasters to our club have already been mentioned on here.

As for RSC, Pellegrini got him started again at Malaga. Says something about our incoming manager, no?

How do you mean got him started? 1 goal in nearly 4 games for the season - at least they kept him fit which I suppose is something

Mhm, seems you have looke dat the stats when he was with us.
This year he played 31 leaguegames, 4 cupgames and 10 CL-games, scoring 12 goals in all competitions. And yes, Malaga kept him fit somehow.

whp.blue said:
a good pointer but not even in the same league as the worlds number one pointer
Keith Curle he could point for England
He did point for England once didn't he? A full half under Taylor until he was subbed. Maybe he played more than once but I've managed to forget it.

jknight said:
ell said:
Got to be Danny Mills for me

Wasn't Danny Mills on a free transfer when he came to City? Shit player I agree but if we didn't pay anything then it can't go down as our worst transfer
I get what you're saying there, but considering all the shite he has to say about us and can be quoted as being 'ex-City', plus the small matter of the money he sucked out of the club, he can be in contention for 'worst signing' without a fee!

A couple of other names (not going to be winners though);

Coradi (sp): sent off on his debut? Booked for diving more than once I think.
George 'world footballer of the year' Weah: Probably no transfer fee (can't remember), but complete embarressment.
Christian Nguyi (sp): Destroyed one knee while re-habilitating the other (against physio advice). 'The next upcoming star'. YCMIU

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but possibly op is right, It's certainly hard to see past Crocky. (Little harsh on Bridge though).

eversince 76 said:
jknight said:
eversince 76 said:
A few disasters to our club have already been mentioned on here.

As for RSC, Pellegrini got him started again at Malaga. Says something about our incoming manager, no?

How do you mean got him started? 1 goal in nearly 4 games for the season - at least they kept him fit which I suppose is something

Mhm, seems you have looke dat the stats when he was with us.
This year he played 31 leaguegames, 4 cupgames and 10 CL-games, scoring 12 goals in all competitions. And yes, Malaga kept him fit somehow.

So he's played 31 + 4 + 10 = 45 games
scored 12 goals
45 / 12 = 3.75 ( 1 goal in just under 4 games). Am I missing something ?

jo-signs-for-man-city.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.