Wayne bridge unavailable for england

I think that Bridge has handled the whole situation with dignity and class and us Blues should get right behind him.

Gotta be hard work coping with all the attention he's getting off the gutter press and all the other media in front of millions.

I can't believe some of the idiotic responses about his decision. Yeah the situation between him and Terry is tough, but ultimately his decision is based on the attention and distraction his playing with Terry would cause. If this had all been kept a private affair between him and Terry I don't think he would ever rule himself out.

If Bridge stayed on, the English media would ignore the performances on the pitch and be focusing on what's going on with Terry and Bridge. If they go out in the quarters or semis in the World Cup, they would forever blame the Terry/Bridge incident.

He has made the best decision. It's a shame it had to come to this.

Well done Wayne Bridge! As has been just posted it's a shame it had to come to this, but if I were in Bridge's shoes I would have done exactly the same thing. I wouldn't shake the ****'s hand on Saturday either. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to this one but any City fans going please stay off the whole Mancini/Mourinho thing and unite to give John Terry immense amounts of vitriolic abuse. The guy is everything that is wrong with the modern day, overpaid, pampered, footballer.

EDIT: I would fucking love it if none of our players shook his hand. Not the most professional thing to do and with the other England players in I know it would't happen but it would really put tiny tears in his place.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Well done Wayne Bridge! As has been just posted it's a shame it had to come to this, but if I were in Bridge's shoes I would have done exactly the same thing. I wouldn't shake the ****'s hand on Saturday either. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to this one but any City fans going please stay off the whole Mancini/Mourinho thing and unite to give John Terry immense amounts of vitriolic abuse. The guy is everything that is wrong with the modern day, overpaid, pampered, footballer.
Chelsea where ever you may be.
Don't leave your wife with john terry
His dad deals drugs his mum steals tea
He cries like a baby when he misses a penalty.

sdm said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
Chelsea where ever you may be.
Don't leave your wife with john terry
His dad deals drugs his mum steals tea
He cries like a baby when he misses a penalty.

Not a bad effort pal!

I don't think anybody can make a judgement on Bridge's behalf, nobody knows what is going through is head, but if it was me, I'd man up and discuss it eye to eye with Terry. Most reports suggest that JT cheated with Bridge's wife after they split. For me, that changes a lot. Terry has still been out of order but it is a far more resolveable issue than if Bridge was still together.

That is my take on it basically. I think both sides need to talk with each other. Both players are important to England.

fulhamroad22 said:
I don't think anybody can make a judgement on Bridge's behalf, nobody knows what is going through is head, but if it was me, I'd man up and discuss it eye to eye with Terry. Most reports suggest that JT cheated with Bridge's wife after they split. For me, that changes a lot. Terry has still been out of order but it is a far more resolveable issue than if Bridge was still together.

That is my take on it basically. I think both sides need to talk with each other. Both players are important to England.
If a so called team mate/friend did that to me regardless of being with her or not,the only talking being done was me introducing my good friend "alan the axe" to other persons head.

fulhamroad22 said:

I do agree with you to a certain extent mate, no one really knows the ins and outs, however one of my friends reads OK magazine and all that tripe and it seems that it happened when they were still together. Ideally he would discuss it with Terry but I think in this situation Bridge's heart has ruled over his head. And as City fans we must back him.

Another edit: Both players certainly are/were important to England. Can you imagine Messi, Ribery or Ronaldo against Leighton Baines, Kieran Gibbs or Stephen Warnock?! Chaos.

Can't be bothered to read all this but I think fair play to the lad. He won't be picked if Cole is ready, the whole England team is pretty much Man U and Chelsea centered.

To be fair would you like to go and be an outsider/squad player...

Because of this I am choosing not to get let down by the scum players playing for england I am Supporting the US. I hope they stuff England completely. Looking forward to Langdon Donovan!

Unknown_Genius said:
I know this sounds harsh, but....

He should just man up, and get on with it. He doesn't have to talk to Terry, hang around with him, or even look at him. He can just avoid him and steer clear of him. By doing this he is only making the situation in the dressing room worse, being unfair to Capello, and ruining his own hopes of playing in a World Cup, which alot of footballers out there would give their right hand to play in. Do you think that everyone in the England team are bosom pals? Bridge is hardly whiter than white himself, he gets no sympathy from me.

Bridge is hardly whiter than white himself
----------
Do you know him personally? No.. Then how can you make this statement..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.