wayne bridge

He's not perfect and he's horribly one footed but he's the best full back at the club, both defensively and in attack. No argument IMO. Plus his transfer fee, wages and contract mean he's going to be around for some years, so best get used to it and support the fella.

Anyone who thinks Garrido should be starting ahead of him needs all their senses testing. Defensively Garrido is a shambles and just when you think he's improving that side of his game he reverts back to type. I don't think he offers a great deal going forward either, because he's too slow.

The Fat el Hombre said:
simonk said:
he has got to improve, as to date, he hasnt done anywhere enough for me
absolute sh1thouse in not heading that big clearance last night and instead letting it bounce

I thought he was rite to let it bounce cos he was the last man and if he'd lost the ehader they would have been clean through. Letting it bounce gave our defenders time to get back so if he lost it he wouldn't have cost us a goal, although I think he won it anyway

he had ages to command that and deal with it. he was facing the ball,
far more chance of loosing it by letting it come down- a bad bounce, toe poke, stumble and they are through if its left

it worked out so fair enough, but its not the way in my book

Once he gets fit and used to playing regularly again i think he'll be the solution to our left-back problem no bother. Very good player.

jimmy grummble said:
If the blame has to be laid anywhere it is at richards feet, I have never seen such a lazy non performaceas his last night, his lack lusture was the reason dunne had to make a daft tackle.

why over the last few games has Big Mike been getting back later than some of the forwards? does he realise that he is playing right back, not right wing. Elano was, at times, doing better defensive work than Richards. I suppose we should just be glad that he's not in the middle with Captain Kamikaze...even 5 Shay Givens couldn't help us...

I can't really understand the abuse Wayne Bridge has been gettin off the City fans. Agreed he got done by a top winger last night on 2 occasions I can remember but he gets no help at all on that side. He has Robinho ahead of him who doesn't contemplate defending so he often gets caught 2 on 1, which isn't his fault and is pretty hard to defend against! He tries to get forward when he can and can actually deliver a cross!

100K a week some one is having a laugh ....let him go backto chelsea...Reserves

Thought Bridge would have been a solid addition to the team but I'm yet to be convinced, at the moment he's a liability unfortunately.
Having said that I've seen him have some cracking games while at Chelsea, Southampton and for England so I'm gonna jump in the camp that "he'll come good next season" - hopefully.

what's with the shock at how much he's on?

Had a decent game last night strong and capable despite his lack of match fitness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.