Wayne Pele Rooney (merged)

Chippy_boy said:
I honestly thought this was a wind up. I cannot believe Gerrard or Rooney could be such total wankers to come out with shit like that.

idahoblues said:
it's hard to believe the arrogance of either one of those assholes
It is a wind up FFS.

Dubai Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
I honestly thought this was a wind up. I cannot believe Gerrard or Rooney could be such total wankers to come out with shit like that.
It is a wind up FFS.

In many ways, it's quite a complement that some people didn't think it was. :P

J-Bay Blue said:
mancboy123 said:
for every poster who says you dont score 30 goals in a season unless your world class. Two words for you:

Kevin Phillips

I think that consistency is a requirement for the "World classs" tag - if as a striker you score 25+ goals season in, season out, you are pretty much World class.
One good or even great season does not cut it.

Drogba - world class
Messi - world class
Ronaldo (*spits*) - world class

On that basis that would make Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 1 of the greatest footballers ever

boyblue1985 said:
J-Bay Blue said:
I think that consistency is a requirement for the "World classs" tag - if as a striker you score 25+ goals season in, season out, you are pretty much World class.
One good or even great season does not cut it.

Drogba - world class
Messi - world class
Ronaldo (*spits*) - world class

On that basis that would make Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 1 of the greatest footballers ever

Surely it is a case of results counting and speaking for themselves?

If a player meets certain criteria, then surely he qualifies as world class , no matter how much we like or dislike him - what we are debating here - I think - is what those criteria are.

IF we had an oppotunity to buy a player that could guarantee us 25+ goals per season EVERY SEASON, and a goals to games ratio of more than say 65%, would we not take him, no matter what his name is (Including JFH!), or how little he tracks back / puts a shift in etc?

J-Bay Blue said:
boyblue1985 said:

Surely it is a case of results counting and speaking for themselves?

If a player meets certain criteria, then surely he qualifies as world class , no matter how much we like or dislike him - what we are debating here - I think - is what those criteria are.

IF we had an oppotunity to buy a player that could guarantee us 25+ goals per season EVERY SEASON, and a goals to games ratio of more than say 65%, would we not take him, no matter what his name is (Including JFH!), or how little he tracks back / puts a shift in etc?

Well no because obviously you want goals from your striker and at least 25 is a result but so much more that makes you a world class footballer. Like when you watch someone like Ronaldo, Messi the old Ronaldo, marradona you can just see there is something different that puts them on another level compared to other players.

Dubai Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
It is a wind up FFS.

Oh my goodness me, have we just witnessed a reverse double clarkie? People have spoken about them but I thought it was all myth!!

kinky_antics said:
Dubai Blue said:
It is a wind up FFS.

Oh my goodness me, have we just witnessed a reverse double clarkie? People have spoken about them but I thought it was all myth!!

There's also reverse triple clarkies but they are extremely rare to come by.

The fat one is an embarrassment to English football, he should just walk away from the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.