Wayne Pele Rooney (merged)

[url=http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/rooney-my-best-not-good-enough/:35icyani]Second Yellow Card[/url] said:
The England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has hit out at both of his teams after his country’s disappointing 4-1 defeat to Germany in the World Cup.

Rooney told the BBC after the game that he was “exhausted” and that he felt too much had been asked of him over the last twelve months.

“I’m totally burnt out,” he said. “I’ve just spent the entire season carrying Manchester United through the Premier League and then I’m expected to carry England through the World Cup.

“I tried my hardest, but that wasn’t quite good enough,” he continued. “I’ve been running on empty for the last few weeks and I’ve just not been able to find my form when it mattered.”

Rooney scored 34 times in 44 games for Manchester United last season and, without his goals, the club would have struggled to have challenged the eventual champions Chelsea for so long.

“I had to give everything for United,” the 24-year-old said. “If I didn’t, then we might not have even qualified for the Champions League, let alone go close to winning the title.

“By the time the World Cup arrived, I just hadn’t had a decent break and I felt like I just didn’t have the energy to influence the games.

“It’s not fair on me and it’s not fair on the fans for both my club and my country to be expecting me to perform every game. People want me to score each match I play for months on end, otherwise the team struggles and sometimes it just isn’t possible.”

Rooney, however, denied rumours that he was purposefully playing badly because he didn’t want to put himself in the shop window, especially with Manchester United’s finances being in such a poor state of affairs.

“I always give everything I’ve got,” he said. “I love Manchester United and don’t want to leave, but knowing that big transfers happen off the back of World Cups isn’t enough to make me play badly on purpose so no other club would bid for me.

“That would be unprofessional and a low that even I wouldn’t stoop to.

“I’ve given all I could in every England game during this World Cup,” he continued. “It’s just unfortunate that my best hasn’t been good enough to see us through to the next round.”

The England captain, Steven Gerrard, told reporters at the post-match press conference that he felt sorry for Rooney, adding that he knew how the centre-forward was feeling.

“It isn’t easy having to carry an entire team through a Premier League season,” he said. “With Torres injured, it was up to me to do the business for Liverpool for most of last season and I wasn’t able to do it as well as Wayne did at United.

“It’s just unfortunate that he wasn’t able to carry his form on for a few more games,” he added. “He’s the best striker in the country and it’s obvious that we’re going to be reliant on his goals.

“When he’s not finding the net, the rest of the team struggles as well. Sometimes you struggle to see where the goals are coming from.”

After England’s disappointing exit from the World Cup, the manager Fabio Capello confirmed that Rooney had been carrying an injury: “Wayne was not fully fit for the game with Germany.

“He was carrying a knock he picked up against Slovenia on Wednesday and the weight of that combined with seven or eight other individuals was too much for him to bear.”

Rooney hasn’t scored an international goal since September 2009, when he netted in England’s 5-1 victory over Croatia at Wembley in the World Cup qualifying campaign.

<a class="postlink" href="http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/</a>

rooney is a decent player for a shit team. not anywhere near as good as the bummers make out he is. white pele? more like white heskey

White Pele?
White Pele?
You avin a laugh? He's the white heskey

it's hard to believe the arrogance of either one of those assholes
BlueMooney said:
[url=http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/rooney-my-best-not-good-enough/:x7mq08fw]Second Yellow Card[/url] said:
The England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has hit out at both of his teams after his country’s disappointing 4-1 defeat to Germany in the World Cup.

Rooney told the BBC after the game that he was “exhausted” and that he felt too much had been asked of him over the last twelve months.

“I’m totally burnt out,” he said. “I’ve just spent the entire season carrying Manchester United through the Premier League and then I’m expected to carry England through the World Cup.

“I tried my hardest, but that wasn’t quite good enough,” he continued. “I’ve been running on empty for the last few weeks and I’ve just not been able to find my form when it mattered.”

Rooney scored 34 times in 44 games for Manchester United last season and, without his goals, the club would have struggled to have challenged the eventual champions Chelsea for so long.

“I had to give everything for United,” the 24-year-old said. “If I didn’t, then we might not have even qualified for the Champions League, let alone go close to winning the title.

“By the time the World Cup arrived, I just hadn’t had a decent break and I felt like I just didn’t have the energy to influence the games.

“It’s not fair on me and it’s not fair on the fans for both my club and my country to be expecting me to perform every game. People want me to score each match I play for months on end, otherwise the team struggles and sometimes it just isn’t possible.”

Rooney, however, denied rumours that he was purposefully playing badly because he didn’t want to put himself in the shop window, especially with Manchester United’s finances being in such a poor state of affairs.

“I always give everything I’ve got,” he said. “I love Manchester United and don’t want to leave, but knowing that big transfers happen off the back of World Cups isn’t enough to make me play badly on purpose so no other club would bid for me.

“That would be unprofessional and a low that even I wouldn’t stoop to.

“I’ve given all I could in every England game during this World Cup,” he continued. “It’s just unfortunate that my best hasn’t been good enough to see us through to the next round.”

The England captain, Steven Gerrard, told reporters at the post-match press conference that he felt sorry for Rooney, adding that he knew how the centre-forward was feeling.

“It isn’t easy having to carry an entire team through a Premier League season,” he said. “With Torres injured, it was up to me to do the business for Liverpool for most of last season and I wasn’t able to do it as well as Wayne did at United.

“It’s just unfortunate that he wasn’t able to carry his form on for a few more games,” he added. “He’s the best striker in the country and it’s obvious that we’re going to be reliant on his goals.

“When he’s not finding the net, the rest of the team struggles as well. Sometimes you struggle to see where the goals are coming from.”

After England’s disappointing exit from the World Cup, the manager Fabio Capello confirmed that Rooney had been carrying an injury: “Wayne was not fully fit for the game with Germany.

“He was carrying a knock he picked up against Slovenia on Wednesday and the weight of that combined with seven or eight other individuals was too much for him to bear.”

Rooney hasn’t scored an international goal since September 2009, when he netted in England’s 5-1 victory over Croatia at Wembley in the World Cup qualifying campaign.

<a class="postlink" href="http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://secondyellowcard.wordpress.com/</a>

Ferguson knackered him out playing him when he was unfit toward the end of last season.Capello was wrong for playing him so much in thw world cup.I'd rather have seen us play route one football with Crouch up front alongside Defoe.

That explains why Messi is so shit also?

He should have had a rest at the end of the season...oh wait...wasn't he injured?

[Ferguson knackered him out playing him when he was unfit toward the end of last season.Capello was wrong for playing him so much in thw world cup.I'd rather have seen us play route one football with Crouch up front alongside Defoe.

And Dave Bassett as manager, thats the answer to all Englands problems.

There's a lot of slagging off here, and it's all good stuff. However, the serious point is simple, Rooney, like a lot of the England team, is overrated. Some have said it for a while now, but been shouted down by the numpties who read all the guff written about him in the press. I heard Lampard last night saying Rooney was still one of the worlds best players........they even believe the shit themselves!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.