Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

sam221985 said:
It's hard for me to have a view of him which isn't biased by disliking him and wanting him to fail. What do you personally think, is he genuinely a 'top 5 in the world striker' - or just a 'solid premier league player', someone not too far removed in terms of ability from a Darren Bent or Jermain Defoe, who has been hyped up to be world class simply because he's both English and plays for the team with the biggest 'fanbase' (and therefore biggest media-consuming group) in the country?

Good question and one i've often struggled to answer what are his best attributes??
Dribbling step overs? not on messi or tranny level even robinho has more individual skill imo.

Heading yes he's come on a fair whack in that dept, pace he's pretty fast for a fat cnut, shooting ability is top notch and passing range is very good. He has a grat passion and attitude towards the game.

For me an excellent all rounder but not messi or tranny level.

On his day he's brilliant. His movement, vision and power is second to none but I'm not sure whether he's good enough to carry united for another season. Seems like it really took it out of him being Man United last year. Balotelli is potentially twice the player.

I have no problem in calling Rooney a top player, he was outstanding last season. Far better players have played for them though. Scholes, Keane, Robson to name a few.

I'm about to get lynched.

blue_paul said:
I have no problem in calling Rooney a top player, he was outstanding last season. Far better players have played for them though. Scholes, Keane, Robson to name a few.

I don't care what anyone says but paul scholes is a fucking awesome footballer even now at 35, he's still a ginger cnut tho ha

top class striker on his day but far from world class imho and i am being totally honest in what i say but rooney>>>tevez!

Fat overrated badge kissing scouse rag. End of.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm --<br /><br />
The Fixer said:
blue_paul said:

I don't care what anyone says but paul scholes is a fucking awesome footballer even now at 35, he's still a ginger cnut tho ha

Knackered by Christmas with no second string. Shitting themselves then.

Thenumber1blue said:
Quite simply and always has been the MOST overrated player in the world!
Disagree, that has to be Beckham.

Rooney is a good player but that is all. Not good enough to get into the Barcelona team on technical skill alone. He is good in 'headless chicken' English football but at the top level only an okay player.

He's a hell of a talent but he isn't on the same level as Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc etc

anybody noticed how frustrated the scouse twat has become lately? i think he`ll end up doing a cuntana and say adios to the game,not yet but maybe in 18 months time or could be sooner if them knees of his don`t give way under all that beer and kebab gut that keeps expanding...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.