Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

good player, but VERY overrated, and has done a sum total of fuck all for england (but he'll still be picked as the fa know if he plays the idiot masses will flock to wem-ber-ley and buy shirts to pay off the worst stadium build in history). imo he should be dropped for england sharpish, blood younger players such as carroll and like germany, bring a young team through aiming for the euros and 2014 wc.

de niro said:
outstanding player who i would sign over any other player.

while i was at it i'd take scholes.

The only United player I would only take.

he's shit. can't score against america's weak defence. he's fucking ugly as shit too, wouldnt be able to get my mom's half aborted fetus as a bird.

Most footballers in top level game are overrated, simply because Murdoch has to sell those newspapers and get the sky subscriptions some how.... Coca-Cola have to get kids hooked on that shit aswell and Rooney is idolised through the marketing over the years.

On the field he is a powerful goalscorer, his abilities are heightened in the league simply because of the style of football thats played over here - more physical game.
Barcelona would rather pay the money for Villa than Rooney as hes a proven more technically adept striker in that league.
Rooney's game isn't about that, its about being that Shrek character that has the strength.

is he in my World XI? No.... isn't even in my Premiership XI
Drogba would manhandle Rooney interms of Strength and Speed, and Torres is a far more technically adept striker (when not recovering from injuries)

Overrated, but a good player nonetheless.

Don't think he will ever be a "great" though. He may have even "peaked" by now as he strikes me as one of those players that matures early on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.