WBA tickets

blueparrot said:
City & Blue Brazil said:
Not allowing the WBA £56 Banner into the ground was pathetic but symptomatic of the way the club is going .

I agree the West Brom fans had a right to try and get it in, but to be fair any club would have tried to stop them putting it up.
We should have put one up like Ajax did for us:
Ajax-banner.jpg

de niro said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
herrock said:
i will stand and applaud the banner .what city have done is wrong on every level to charge the 6,000 bluemembers an extra tenner is an absolute shit house trick.we dont need to do it on the scheme of things .

so you don't blame platini then? even though we are about to learn our fate regarding the con trick that is ffp.
Reading and lsitening to as many interviews on the subject as i have, i feel like Platini is just the face of UEFA and there are other people behind FFPR.

-- Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:55 pm --

Plus the tiny amounts of money ticketing brings in to the club will make very little difference to the club but it makes a huge difference to the fans. City could just offer £1.9m less on a transfer fee and nobody would bat an eyelid but that's how much a £50 rise on everyone's SCs is! but for the fan that is another away game they won't be able to go to. And realistic and reasonable match ticket prices of £45 would generate just £143000 less for the club than selling them at £58 but if a Dad is taking his wife, his wife and kid or wife and kids, then the impact on the £11 rise is huge on him and he'd probably decide not to come.

FFPR is not going to be overcome by the prices of tickets in the ground. It generates very little money for the club.

KippaxCitizen said:
Plus the tiny amounts of money ticketing brings in to the club will make very little difference to the club but it makes a huge difference to the fans. City could just offer £1.9m less on a transfer fee and nobody would bat an eyelid but that's how much a £50 rise on everyone's SCs is! but for the fan that is another away game they won't be able to go to. And realistic and reasonable match ticket prices of £45 would generate just £143000 less for the club than selling them at £58 but if a Dad is taking his wife, his wife and kid or wife and kids, then the impact on the £11 rise is huge on him and he'd probably decide not to come.

FFPR is not going to be overcome by the prices of tickets in the ground. It generates very little money for the club.

I've just filled out the latest survey of S/card holders and the last question asks for general comments. I made a very similar point to yours regarding lumping £10-12 on matchday prices and the damage it does to the club's relationship with the supporters in proportion to the relatively small amount of extra revenue raised.

I lost the link but a West Brom fan did calculations of how much City would have earned on Monday night from away fans vs. what they would have earned some time back when tickets for WBA fans were much cheaper. Far more bought tickets then and the total £ amount was higher.

Of course, that doesn't factor in that City re-sold some of the tickets to day trippers, but when I looked at level 2 above the West Brom fans, it was full of sports/school kids in coloured clothing (free tickets).

There's an incredibly greedy person dictating City's ticket prices now, for home and away fans. Do even United have £60 tickets like those on sale for the Villa game? It's London prices.

LoveCity said:
I lost the link but a West Brom fan did calculations of how much City would have earned on Monday night from away fans vs. what they would have earned some time back when tickets for WBA fans were much cheaper. Far more bought tickets then and the total £ amount was higher.

Of course, that doesn't factor in that City re-sold some of the tickets to day trippers, but when I looked at level 2 above the West Brom fans, it was full of sports/school kids in coloured clothing (free tickets).

There's an incredibly greedy person dictating City's ticket prices now, for home and away fans. Do even United have £60 tickets like those on sale for the Villa game? It's London prices.
Its hard to understand the rationale behind the inflated prices.

The revenue gain is minimal, yet the loss of goodwill amongst the fans is profound. I always like to think that City will never turn into a northern Arsenal, and that the less well off would continue to be able to watch the team that they love.

I think there is a very strong moral argument to reconsider this whole matter. City should always be mindful of the socio-economic base in the city. I would hate to think that any fan would ever be priced out of seeing the team.

lancs blue said:
KippaxCitizen said:

I've just filled out the latest survey of S/card holders and the last question asks for general comments. I made a very similar point to yours regarding lumping £10-12 on matchday prices and the damage it does to the club's relationship with the supporters in proportion to the relatively small amount of extra revenue raised.

I went into a bit of a rant on that survey about the same subject, i doubt they will read it though, the club has never seemed further away from the fans as it has done to me this season.

I'm pissed off. I couldn't make the game and tried to sell my ticket on viagogo. I've done it two or three times this season and it's sold for face value or a bit less, i'm not trying to make a profit, so it suited me. I live in north wales so i can't sell it on bluemoon because i can't meet anyone in mcr to hand the card over. So, they made me put it on at £56, which i didn't want to do, for this match. I couldn't put it on for any less, that was the minimum price i could advertise. Consequently it didn't sell so i didn't recoup a penny! If that becomes the norm next season i'll have to give it up as i don't want to lose five or six lots of £40. If anyone wants a great seat on level 2, row 2, padded seat for £40 a game next season for a few games in north wales let me know. Ta

Tom H Conwy exile said:
I'm pissed off. I couldn't make the game and tried to sell my ticket on viagogo. I've done it two or three times this season and it's sold for face value or a bit less, i'm not trying to make a profit, so it suited me. I live in north wales so i can't sell it on bluemoon because i can't meet anyone in mcr to hand the card over. So, they made me put it on at £56, which i didn't want to do, for this match. I couldn't put it on for any less, that was the minimum price i could advertise. Consequently it didn't sell so i didn't recoup a penny! If that becomes the norm next season i'll have to give it up as i don't want to lose five or six lots of £40. If anyone wants a great seat on level 2, row 2, padded seat for £40 a game next season for a few games in north wales let me know. Ta

I'd keep it, the discount you get by being a season card holder is the equivalent to at least 6 games,so if you miss only 5 or 6 games you've lost nothing.should you sell the ticket a couple of times then happy days.
Maybe the club could do a paper ticket to a local blue for any particular game on you instruction.

I think to deny legitimate protest at rising ticket prices and then solicit views via this survey and that survey (where the club dictates the questions) tells you all you need to know. And whilst I acknowledge there's usually a space on each survey to add your own comments/ observations I doubt very much if anyone is listening.....

Tom H Conwy exile said:
If you cant afford it now mate youll be goosed in 12 months when it goes up 60%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.