WBA tickets

fathellensbellend said:
the 1/2 price away tickets incentive doesn't come from city, it comes from the premier league, every club got 200k, which to my mind we have not spent, the money supposedly donated by players and staff obviously didn't materialise.
Really
And your evidence is .....what?

squirtyflower said:
fathellensbellend said:
the 1/2 price away tickets incentive doesn't come from city, it comes from the premier league, every club got 200k, which to my mind we have not spent, the money supposedly donated by players and staff obviously didn't materialise.
Really

Fulham 2900 tickets average saving 24.50 =71050

spurs 2850 tickets average saving 25 quid =71250

everton 2900 tickets average saving 20 quid 58000

them figures don't allow for a large number of concession tickets, so the figure would be below the 200k allocated.

BillyMC said:
bluegirl74 said:
was speaking to a friend of mine on friday who works for a well known, reputationally damaged banking & retail group with it's roots in rochdale.
the sports and social committee there had been offered 400 free tickets which were available on a first come first served basis last thursday.
as a sc holder who had paid £42 to upgrade a concession ticket to an adult for monday night, to say he was pissed off was an understatement.
That wouldnt surprise me. Meanwhile we offer half price away tickets for Everton whilst stiffing West Brom and our own fans at the Etihad. It must be an amazing "matchday experience" for £60. Chuck in your £6 turd burger. Fuckin bargain. I paid £25 for blue memerships for the kids for the privilege of being first in the queue...not once have I been able to get the cheaper seats in the family stand despite it being half empty some games.

-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:45 pm --

bluegirl74 said:
was speaking to a friend of mine on friday who works for a well known, reputationally damaged banking & retail group with it's roots in rochdale.
the sports and social committee there had been offered 400 free tickets which were available on a first come first served basis last thursday.
as a sc holder who had paid £42 to upgrade a concession ticket to an adult for monday night, to say he was pissed off was an understatement.
That wouldnt surprise me. Meanwhile we offer half price away tickets for Everton whilst stiffing West Brom and our own fans at the Etihad. It must be an amazing "matchday experience" for £60. Chuck in your £6 turd burger. Fuckin bargain. I paid £25 for blue memerships for the kids for the privilege of being first in the queue...not once have I been able to get the cheaper seats in the family stand despite it being half empty some games.

I agree with your outrage about £60 tickets. However, your idea that your Blue Membership makes you more deserving than Blues who have followed the team home and away all season and will get a half price ticket for Goodison is complete nonsense.

As others have pointed out, the fund for discounted away tickets has had no impact on the price of home match tickets.

fathellensbellend said:
squirtyflower said:
fathellensbellend said:
Really

them figures don't allow for a large number of concession tickets, so the figure would be below the 200k allocated.

If you're right about this then its scandalous, given the song and dance made at the time about the players donating from their own pockets. Makes it look like a cynical PR exercise now.

Regular Joe said:
fathellensbellend said:
squirtyflower said:
Really

If you're right about this then its scandalous, given the song and dance made at the time about the players donating from their own pockets. Makes it look like a cynical PR exercise now.

I think clubs hide behind the fact that they have improved away facilities across the premier which basically equals a bored student having to wear a t shirt of the visiting team while serving an overpriced hot dog, but those are the followings and approximately the savings, (which don't include concessions), so on tickets alone the 200k has not been spent.

The whole thing is a fucking disgrace. I wish I had it in me to walk away and spend the obscene amount of money that goes on football elsewhere. City are as bad as anyone now, if not worse allowing for the average wage in Manchester compared to London for instance. I hope there's loads of empty seats everywhere tomorrow so city might take notice but they probably won't. The execs that govern our ticket pricing policy who probably earn £200k a year probably think they've got it right.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
fathellensbellend said:
excellent move by the club to sell tickets for the visit of west brom to the tune of 58 quid in tier 3 and 60 quid in tier 2, priced so well, there are loads of them left, so we enter the crucial run in with fans priced out, throw in away tickets sold to any tom dick or harry except city fans with huge loyalty points it really does beg the question, do the people making these decisions have a clue?

It was a decision taken with the hope we would be top and fans / glory hunters / day trippers would be falling over each other to get in.
And there lies the problem immediately.

Too much emphasis is put on the nobodies. People who will come and spend on City when everything is going brilliantly but if there's any inch given to make these people feel like they can't be arsed with City for a particular game, they won't be there.

While there are people who would gladly come and pay £40 or even £45 for a ticket but maybe can't justify £58-60, especially if they have a kid or wife or both, or multiple, to bring as well.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 pm --<br /><br />
Regular Joe said:
fathellensbellend said:
squirtyflower said:
Really

He is right. The money was given to all twenty clubs and it was stipulated that the money was to help fans on the far flung, most expensive and mid week away trips and to improve away facilities at their home grounds.

Liam (one of the original Blue Alliance lads) came on here the other week when it seemed like everyone had forgotten about this idea about half priced tickets and reminded everyone about it. To which someone spoke to the club and he was told the money had been spent already. Then within a few weeks, out of nowhere, the Everton game came up as half price.

KippaxCitizen said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
fathellensbellend said:
excellent move by the club to sell tickets for the visit of west brom to the tune of 58 quid in tier 3 and 60 quid in tier 2, priced so well, there are loads of them left, so we enter the crucial run in with fans priced out, throw in away tickets sold to any tom dick or harry except city fans with huge loyalty points it really does beg the question, do the people making these decisions have a clue?

It was a decision taken with the hope we would be top and fans / glory hunters / day trippers would be falling over each other to get in.
And there lies the problem immediately.

Too much emphasis is put on the nobodies. People who will come and spend on City when everything is going brilliantly but if there's any inch given to make these people feel like they can't be arsed with City for a particular game, they won't be there.

While there are people who would gladly come and pay £40 or even £45 for a ticket but maybe can't justify £58-60, especially if they have a kid or wife or both, or multiple, to bring as well.

-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 pm --

Regular Joe said:
fathellensbellend said:

He is right. The money was given to all twenty clubs and it was stipulated that the money was to help fans on the far flung, most expensive and mid week away trips and to improve away facilities at their home grounds.

Liam (one of the original Blue Alliance lads) came on here the other week when it seemed like everyone had forgotten about this idea about half priced tickets and reminded everyone about it. To which someone spoke to the club and he was told the money had been spent already. Then within a few weeks, out of nowhere, the Everton game came up as half price.

Tom Glick will operate to the old management adage, "What gets measured gets done." he won't be too bothered with somr empty seats as long as match day revenues continue to rise.

The management executives have realised that their plan A to increase match day revenues by expanding corporate tickets is a tougher gig than they first envisaged. The pain will spread around and it won't just been Blues in CB and East level 2 feeling the price increases.

Selling the tickets for a reasonable price. Means no empty seats, a far better atmosphere. Surely this makes the team play better & shows the world we do need the ground making bigger. Empty seats now means more empty seats when the ground is expanded. Get some one in to organize ticket prices & sales. Who lives in the real world. The working mans world like most of us do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.