we are 8-1 4th favourite for the drop..

de niro said:
i happen to think he's very good at his job, just not good enough for our owners, to be fair they could not have chosen better than mancini.

Very good at his job in comparison to who? I'm sure in comparison to the general public he makes a better football manager, but in the Premier League he's one of the worst. That's why he's managing the 4th worst team.

He would not perhaps be 4th bottom had he not joined us, perhaps he would still be in the top 8/10 with Blackburn. People forget that. Admittedly we were shite but we never beat Blackburn whilst he was in charge off memory. I debated last night but it's obvious some people just hate him, using the fact he is managing a 4th bottom club who he joined about 3 months ago and since had fuck all chance of getting them much higher than that is just plain daft really and highlights a lack of understanding. If he was one of the worst managers in the Premiership he wouldn't have got the City job in the first place - completely ignorant that and you don't just go from being a good manager to a shit one overnight.

Better if we all just agree to disagree on this one.

cleavers said:
de niro said:
that doesn't mean we should berate and ridicule hughes like spoilt fucking brats, brats too biased and bitter due entirely down to his rag roots.
I think that does a lot of us a disservice mate, I never wanted him in the first place, but nothing to do with his previous club(s), couldn't give a rats @rse about that.

I just thought he was an average manager, who took a poor backroom staff with him wherever he went, (he still does). He was brought to us at a time we had no money, Thaksin knew that, yet promised him the world, mortgaging our future on hopeful buys like Jo (who I thought MH ruined), he was brought to do a job on a small budget, he just didn't know that though.

I agree the new owner should have said no thanks right away, but as an honourable fella he decided to give him a go, and I supported that, but by christmas it was obvious he was out of his depth given the money we had available, but our honourable owner stuck with him till the summer at least. In May he should have gone, why he didn't I don't know (Cook ??). You say you knew Mancini was coming in the summer, maybe your source was right, or just lucky, who knows ?

The fact is, he wasn't good enough to take us where we wanted to be, but, and I said it earlier in the thread (ignored), he wasn't solely responsible for the signings, and some of them were at the time the best we could manage, and no matter what some say, did take us forward and do a job.

Mancini didn't decide they weren't good, he decided they weren't good enough for where the club wanted to be, and they weren't, as our current squad shows, none of them would get in it now, but they were the ones that bridged (no pun intended) the gap between mid table city and top of league city, and we had to pay daft wages and fees to ensure we bridged that gap. If any fault lies anywhere with the bridge, adebayor, etc signings its with the board for sanctioning them. Personally I think they were necessary to make us what we are now, Champions of England, but we would never have been that with MH in charge, in my opinion of course.

Its an argument that is now very pointless, we are what we are, and MH is what (and where) he is. I still think he is a very average manager, and imho he's shown it at both Fulham and QPR.

Can't argue with that.

Citizen52 said:
He would not perhaps be 4th bottom had he not joined us, perhaps he would still be in the top 8/10 with Blackburn. People forget that. Admittedly we were shite but we never beat Blackburn whilst he was in charge off memory. I debated last night but it's obvious some people just hate him, using the fact he is managing a 4th bottom club who he joined about 3 months ago and since had fuck all chance of getting them much higher than that is just plain daft really and highlights a lack of understanding. If he was one of the worst managers in the Premiership he wouldn't have got the City job in the first place - completely ignorant that and you don't just go from being a good manager to a shit one overnight.

Better if we all just agree to disagree on this one.

He's not gone from a good manager to a shit one over night. He's always been an average manager, a promising one at best during his time at Blackburn.

He is a solid mid table, average manager. In the same mould as Curbishley, Hodgson, Pulis, Alladyce, McCleish, Bruce. I wouldn't want any of them to get the City job either, it's nothing personal against him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.