we are 8-1 4th favourite for the drop..

Wexford Blue said:
Good bump. Above all the reasons for Hughes sacking, just think of the Santa Cruz transfer... think of it and f##king weep.. Chasing him all year, signing him injured with a horrible injury record, for a huge fee, mental wages, and a long term deal... Possibly one of the worst value transfers in the history of football?

230px-B%C3%A9b%C3%A9.jpg

mammyjam said:
The owners get so much shit in the press for sacking him. This thread shows why MH should have been have been sacked a year before he was, he was dire for us a truly awful manager, relegation zone at Xmas with svens squad plus robinho kompany zabaleta and SWP, crazy.

Just before the QPR match, whiskeynose was having another pop at the club for the 'unethical' sacking of Hughes.

Having someone lined up to take over from someone you are about to sack doesn't happen in any other industry now does it?

the op is taking about when we drew at home vrs blackpool, i remember it well I'd got $10 free on a pokersite and ran it up to $300 in about two weeks, city were 1/3 to win so i stuck $150 of my hard earned bankroll on em to win $50. Its like buying money i thought!

All debate on this subject died at approximately 16.57, May 13, 2012. Roberto had taken all the flack, all the jibes, kept his mouth shut and built a team that won the title, showed mighty team spirit to win from 8 points down with 6 to play, 2-1 down in the second minute of stoppage time, having played some of the best football ever played in the PL. The owners got it right.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Wexford Blue said:
Good bump. Above all the reasons for Hughes sacking, just think of the Santa Cruz transfer... think of it and f##king weep.. Chasing him all year, signing him injured with a horrible injury record, for a huge fee, mental wages, and a long term deal... Possibly one of the worst value transfers in the history of football?

230px-B%C3%A9b%C3%A9.jpg

If every there was a reason for a transfer committee. I do wonder sometimes if the RSC transfer was all 'above board' and I mean between Hughes/Fat Sam and Blackburn not City.

I actually started to hate Sparkless nearly as much as Ball or Clarke as yes they got us relegated but we were skint and had an awful team, even if a lot of the dross were brought in by those two. But Sparkless took over a team from Sven that spent the majority of the season before challenging for Europe until the rumours about his job started and we tailed off. We had brought in more players over the summer and on last day of transfer window we signed Robinho. Christmas of that year after the defeats to Bolton and West Brom and we were in the relegation zone I was appalled, it is where that rags chant about us going down with a billion in the bank came from.

Season after was better admittedly but we actually got worse the longer the season went on and the more influence Sparkless had on the team. That is what annoys me when they go on about the "strong foundations" he had laid, unfair sacking etc. At best he had a scatter-gun approach to buying players, some worked some didn't, but as a manager I do not rate him at all. Bobby just shows what a proper manager can do, pretty much every single player under him has come on leaps and bounds, people went backwards under sparkless.

In many ways the RSC signing epitomised why Hughes was inadequate. All the money and talent out there to choose from and he signed him? Not capable of taking us where we have now gone.

And here's a great article on the bollocks media reaction to the sacking of Hughes. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/4798/38/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/4798/38/</a>

Some favourite quotes:

The revisionism and positive spin at work in the aftermath of Hughes' departure was truly mind-boggling. Almost as mind-boggling as the ignorance and insularity shown when Mancini replaced him. "Roberto who?" said Hansen. "B-list manager" said Lawrenson. A B-list manager with seven major trophies to his name – the same number as Wenger has won at Arsenal, and seven more than Mark Hughes. Nothing in recent times has demonstrated quite so ably that British football exists in vacuum as the outrage over Hughes only being given a mere 77 matches to try and build a team capable of protecting leads against the likes of Burnley, Fulham and Hull .

Hope SquirtyFlower doesn't see the title of this thread, he'll probably delete it for being "mis-leading", "Pro rag" and "fucking shite".

It's only with hindsight you can actually see what a terrible job Hughesless did, and by contrast what an incredible job Mancini is doing. To take us from 10th to title winners in 2 full seasons is an astonishing achievement, however much he's spent.

I'm still awaiting Dismal Dave's public apology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.