We Are A Joke (UPDATE - Changed My Mind - No We're Not)

Re: We Are A Joke

blueju said:
Fanzone Danny said:
Gotta agree with most of what you said Hombre! Am completely gutted at how 'the greatest business men on the plant' managed to fuck a deal up for a player that in my opinion would have come but because we were so inept he has turned his back on us.

The problem we have is expectation now these money men are in are hopes and expectations have risen but in age old City style someone manages to kick all the fans in the balls and makes are club a laughing stock ......... from Kaka to an over priced bellemy ?? LOL ! should of expected it really

Are you takin the piss? We are an average premiership club with shitloads of money who just tried to buy one of THE best players in the world. A player who is loaded to the hilt anyway and can choose to stay at the club he loves , a club that has continued success.
You should be congratulating our owners and the club for even attempting it, not slagging em off. Some people on here are going way,way over the top and are in danger of imploding. You want to take a reality check. Two years ago we were in danger of going out of business and now we have the chance to build one of the worlds strongest team, but you lot sound like a load of whinging twats (putting it nicely). Just take a step backwards, take a deep breath, and have a look at yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think you are getting the jist of what I am saying, If you believe the direct quotes from Kaka he was almost saying the clubs had agreed a fee and he felt we were either 'under prepared' or 'it was a media stunt' wht I am saying is we had turned one of the world's best players head and then managed to balls it up so for that I am disappointed and feel let down, it has nothing to do with my admiration for the club in trying to sign a player like Kaka but once we got him that close we should of closed the deal

And as regards to Bellemy I don't see it being good business at all, I'll get behind him all the way when he is in the City shirt but £14m and 90k p/w is a lot of money for someone of that age and that temprament!

Disappointed you've made this thread Al :(

Real Madrid & Chelsea have tried buying Kaka before us and failed at an earlier stage. I believe we'll go back in, in the Summer.

Bridge/Bellamy and De Jong on the way - that's really, really, really fucking good business for January. I'm very impressed with City, although Kaka hassn't come - there's still massive rumours David Villa's on his way.

To be honest I think signing bellamy and giving him a daft wage bothers me much much more than Kaka anyway

We weren't ready for Kaka, I had my doubts as to whether he was suited to the prem (pompey away in the cup looked like a major shock to him) and Stevie Ireland is superman and would have have to had been moved or dropped to accomodate him.

What sort of a message does it send out to the rest of the team signing bellamy on a fat wedge? Studge's contract is running out and if we're giving bellamy 90k we've got to give sturridge at least 70k. We're gonna ed up with a vastly overpaid team, it's fucking ridiculous. I remember laughing at west ham when they signed people like bellamy and neill on fat wedges, but now we've gona and given the twat more!

The Fat el Hombre said:
What sort of a message does it send out to the rest of the team signing bellamy on a fat wedge? Studge's contract is running out and if we're giving bellamy 90k we've got to give sturridge at least 70k. We're gonna ed up with a vastly overpaid team, it's fucking ridiculous. I remember laughing at west ham when they signed people like bellamy and neill on fat wedges, but now we've gona and given the twat more!

To be fair to Bellamy, he's got 50+ caps for his country & has Uefa & Champs league experience, whereas Sturridge has scored about 4 goals for us in 2 seasons.

I'd be more concerned Irelands contract to be honest.

If we start to feel ashamed or embarassed to be City fans, then we really will have lost the plot.

This deal was unique, and involved media/fan pressure on Milan and Kaka that eclisped anything seen before - by a long way.

We cannot assume that Cook messed up - I've certainly not seen anything to suggest that. Wouldn't surprise me if Milan tried to up the fee last minute for whatever reason .... but who knows?

We are now one of the highest profile clubs in the world, and everyone now knows that we have unrivalled spending power and for the next few years we'll be trying to recruit the best players in the world.

Let's do what the team needs to do - grow some bollocks and get on with it.

dave_blue12 said:
Grow up !

We are not a joke. We tried to sign one of the top footballers in the world. It didn't come off. Move on.

Simple !

Agreed.

The Fat el Hombre said:
What the fuck happened last nite at all? What the fuck is going on? How have we managed to fuck it up this time? If it was because he didn't want to come why do we always push our boat out so far so soon and end up looking like twats? How much money are we giving that **** bellamy? He was on a ridiculous wage at west ham and I can only assume we've offered him more in our usual shrewd fucking fashion. Only City could fuck up in this fashion - close to getting the best player in the world and we end up paying way over the odds for fucking bellamy. Why can't we just sign quality young players in the Kompany and de Jong mould who can grow with the club and are capable of playing at the highest level? It's a fucking disgrace. I thoght the takeover might end our time as a laughing stok but it's just taken us to a much higher scale and now we're the biggest laughing stock in the world and we'll always be shit

Just take a deep breath bud.

I can kind of agree with the reaction of the OP, yesterday was the epitome of a PR disaster. With the unlimited amount of money we have at our disposal we seem to have gone for the wrong type of players. Most West Ham fans are laughing themselves silly that they managed to get upwards of 10 million for Bellamy. I have had numerous texts along the lines of 6 clubs in 8 years for an angry man who is average at best and he is the man to lead our forward line.

Kaka would of been an amazing signing, but the club should of known the stories that were being released would eventually bite them on the bum. Even though this confidentiality agreement was signed it was fairly obvious we were after Kaka and Cook was in Milan, so the crappy statement that was released after most City fans were in a state of euphoria was poor.

Cook stated Hughes needs to be bold with his signings but with the signing of Bellamy it seems like that advise was scorned upon.

The joke is the fact us as fans hyped it up too much when we all should know
this is CITY and shit happens.So fuck KAKA and lets get on with the show
A good result against Newcastle and we're right back in the picture for a UEFA
place.

Have a look at Hughes signings(TBH apart) all good for the future we're going in
the right direction. Be patient it's happening

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.