we are going to need a bigger stadium!

Abbeygoo said:
Newcastle, Norwich, Arsenal all sold out

yet Bayern Munich isn't.

Strange.

cup game, we couldnt even sell out an f.a cup 1/4 final. Although bayern munich should sell well, specially if we need a good result.

I Reckon before the staduim gets extended the club will want to see a rise in cup match attendences.

well we are top of the league, scoring goals-a-plenty, generally riding high ... maybe we wait and see how the sales go during, dare i say it, periods where we're not winning every game. we can't sell out champions league games yet, let alone less important cup games..

bluecityboy said:
It’s another sell-out! All tickets for the home game with Arsenal on Sunday, 18 December have now gone - a perfect example of why you should become a Blue member if you aren't already.

Norwich is already a full house and you can be sure that with Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea still to come as well as the derby, the sold out signs will be getting good use.

Tomorrow's home game against high-flying Newcastle is set to be the highest-ever attendance at the Etihad Stadium, and we are averaging over 47,000 this season with record crowds.

Arsenal tickets didn't even get as far as general sale - because Blue members snapped up the tickets. With full houses becoming an Etihad habit, you don't have to miss out.

City’s next home game after Arsenal is against Stoke City on 21 December. Tickets for the Potters will go on sale to Blue members with ticket priority tomorrow.

Becoming a Blue member with match ticket priority costs just £25, and will give you the advantage of being able to buy before tickets go on general sale. Click here to find out more.

There is limited availability in hospitality for the visit of Arsenal with packages starting at £170 per person plus VAT. Call 0161 444 4141 or email sales@mcfc.co.uk for more details.
mmm... Let's see.
why?

-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am --

mcfcBally said:
Wait until we constantly sell out midweek cup games, then start talking about expansion.
Sorry but that is idiotic.

The club take more money in the 19 league games (as there are 19 of them), so it makes sense to expland as soon as we sell out every league game (as we have done for EVERY game this season in the league).<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 pm --<br /><br />
Abbeygoo said:

yet Bayern Munich isn't.

Strange.

Not strange at all. We have circa 40k season ticket holders now and they have to find the extra money for cup games to go.

Whereas the league games, we only have to sell around 5,000 tickets as the SC have already bought.

Bluemanc100 said:
Is this the end for Value Gold Season Cards?

Absolute bargain that was this year!!!
hope not>>>i got a seat in block 304 ES level 3 for £260 quid..where as last year i paid £560 for a seat in 201 ES level 2 and the view was shit compared to where im sat now...Long live the value season cards!!!!

mcfcBally said:
Wait until we constantly sell out midweek cup games, then start talking about expansion.

Midweek cup games can't be compared to weekend games for the obvious reason that they're midweek not weekend . . think about it. Think about how the people of Manchester contribute heavily to the flexible workforce and how that means that many blues (especially in the building / construction trade) work away from home in the week.
I'm an example of this as I work in Sussex between Monday and Friday each week so a Wednesday night game involves doing a half day on the Wednesday and a 5 hour drive followed by a 5 hour drive back and being fucked the next day. That's a half days wage plus £100 on fuel up the swanny and the cost of my ticket on top.

Bloody obvious that many fans in my position will miss the odd one but that's no excuse for holding back on an expansion that would bring investment into our community, at a time of great need, ensure that all fans can see the weekend games and bring additional revenue into the club.

I'm just glad that small minded and negative opinions aren't a driving force!

i am a season ticket but have tried all week to get tickets for the newcastle game for a mate & his son it proving impossable

Abbeygoo said:

yet Bayern Munich isn't.

Strange.

I tend to think the reason is purely down to people not being able to afford it. It would have been better if the club would have kept the price of the tickets the same as the previous CL games (£25). Plus it's a mid week game, near Christmas and it'll be on TV will have put most people off going.

We'll probably shift more tickets at the end of the month when people have been paid. (That's when i'll be buying mine anway!)

We do need more seats, regardless of how many sell for the cup games....

Am I right in saying Arsenal and the Rags force their ST holders to buy Champs League tickets?

Tiers added onto both North/South and if we do outgrow this in however many years then a 4th tier added all the way around.

The club would do no harm in "referring" those who enquire about tickets for sold out games onto the cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.