We don't work hard enough.

We're not really here

This is our problem in a nutshell. Whether it is the manager's fault, the coaching or the players, the reason we are not pissing this shit league is we are lazy.
I watch teams with not even half our ability like Palace, Watford, Bourmemouth and even Leicester winning because they work their socks off. I hate the word passion but we certainly lack it.
Beside the Chhelsea and Sevilla games can anyone name me a game when we outran the opposition? Even the 6-1 v Newcastle saw us struggle to match their workfare in the first half.
We may well have the best players but if they are not going to graft as well all the talent in the world will count for nothing.

We don't work even close to hard enough.

If we had Leicester's determination and workrate, we would piss this league. I don't care what anyone says, we would.

We're struggling to score goals with Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya and Sterling! That's absolutely extraordinary.

This comes from the manager. Either he doesn't want them to work hard off the ball tactically or they don't want to do it for him. Either way he needs to go for whichever it is.

We play with ability alone and it's not enough. We are arrogant in thinking we can just turn up, play and win. Seemingly no defensive tactics and the laziness in our midfield makes it so easy to get at the back four. I don't really have any hope this is going to change whilst Pellegrini is in charge. Only when we start to work hard and impose ourselves on a team, ala Barca or Bayern, will we dominate.

Second half today was a prime example. Might as well go for it and go down fighting but we spent 40 minutes arsing about going nowhere before yaya got his goal then we decided it was time to step on the gas. Too little to late

Have to say it does seem to be an underlying problem,happened the season after the title wins,and has crept in again this season after the brilliant start we made which seems a long time ago now...

Not even close to hard enough. Arsenal at most points tonight had at least 7 or 8 back when we hit them on the counter and not far off similar numbers going forward when they came at us. I hate seeing Yaya do what we know he's capable of for 15 minutes out of 90.

It's most disappointing this season because normally we at least look up for it the year after failing to win the league. But even after last season, there appears to be little motivation or desire.

I look at the man and listen to the man and he's the exact sort of person you'd need when things are going well. Calm, stony-faced, bats off daft questions, says the same things over and over so people don't go after him in the press because it's boring to do so.

But then he's exactly not the sort of person you need when things are going badly. He doesn't inspire me in any way at all. God knows what the players think. The team is starting to play like his personality. Dull, dull, dull.

Not so much not working hard but as a team they seem to lack the bit of bottle when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.