We haven't got a Plan B.

Tevez even got to the point where he was picking the ball up ten yards inside our half.

We are very one dimensional, and the essence of a successful team is that they play to the invididual strengths of the strikers as some form of rotational attack, Mario, Edin, and Carlos that gives defences much more to think about as to which way things will pan out. We are very predictable and even mediocre and poor sides can handle that.

I think that if there is a second dimension and a Plan A₂ is a quick prayer along the back four that one of the above will come up with a piece of individual brilliance!<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:02 am --<br /><br />
The Cyber Goat said:
What a load of rubbish!!! We not only have plan b but also plan c!!! Let me demonstrate ...

Plan A - everybody pass the ball to a centre half and stand still

If that fails ...

Plan B - try the other centre half and what ever you do DO NOT face the opponents goal

As a last resort

Plan C - Pass to the goalie and then back to one of aforementioned centre halfs who will pass to each other and then we can claim we "controlled the game for long periods"

I watched Inter v Genoa the other night. I texted my son to tell him it was on and he said he had fallen out with Italian football, but I persevered and within ten minutes came to the conclusion that Inter played the same monotonous passing game starting at the back with the two CBs - sideways, forward a touch, back, sideways! Had to laugh when Genoa scored first, but then Inter had the penultimate last five laughs, even though Genoa had the last one. 5-1 to Inter.

Either we are not as good as we think we are, or we are but a bit of fine tuning away from where we would want to be. Problems is, who's got the screwdriver? And is it a screwdriver that's needed?

Would help if we could get the odd goal from set pieces. Reading the training reports, do we ever practice these?

Mentioned last night on the commentry, Lescott once got 10 goals in a season for Everton but put him at city and zip. 1 goal this year.
The delivery is awfull, we are the only team i see out swinging the ball and the lack of goals from corners is evidence this isnt effective.
Often the ball doesnt beat the 1st man which is criminal for someone at this level.

Only Viera seems to know which runs to make in the box from corners, and surely this has come down to previous coaching.

All teams have days when they play poorly but dig out a result from a direct free kick or goal from a corner. Does anyone ever get excited anymore if we get either a direct free kick outside the box or a corner?

With the height we have in our team we should be so much better at corners

Think the club needs more/better coaching staff.

Finishing training wouldnt go amiss also as we arnt clinical enough

Seem to remember Liverpool having a wall that the players would shoot at from varying distances and as the ball rebounded the nearest player would hit a first time shot back against the wall.

They used to do this over and over again until they all could hit the wall first time.

Do we have anything like this at Carrington?

WNRH said:
Freestyler said:
stop attacking down the middle, and making your two creative players have their first touch on the halfway line, that's just the start!

So we go down the wings? Who with?

aha! wouldnt you have thought Mancini should have considered that before shelling out on Dzeko - instead of Luiz??????????

Freestyler said:
WNRH said:
What would Plan B be though?

stop attacking down the middle, and making your two creative players have their first touch on the halfway line, that's just the start!
100% agree

its so frustrating watching them play at the moment hope the break helps mancini re think because Plan A hasnt worked for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.