We Haven't Won Anything Yet

Re: Our fans are making me more nervous!

I'm nervous. The league certainly isn't won yet.

Agreed with the op, this kind of attitude is the same as all those Rags had when they were ahead of us 8 pts, really hope there's no typical City twist at the end though!

Tbh i'd be alot more settled if we had Stoke or West Brom next week. I looked at the bottom last night, if Wigan win tonight they are safe and Blackburn are down, that leaves only Bolton and QPR, Bolton are away to Stoke. So in terms of relegation anything can happen, Bolton need a win, anything less there down.

Regardless of these people getting too giddy. Our players certainly won't be. I'm sure they will all be fully focused on the task in hand like they were vs Newcastle

I'm not being over confident when I say this and I certainly don't want everyone thinking we've won the title yesterday but equally on the other hand I think its high time most Blues realised that this a completely different Manchester City than we've ever seen before.

Our last two performances were fucking immense considering both the opposition and the situation we are in. I am happy to go on record and say this is without doubt the greatest Manchester City side ever and we will win the title next week. Yes even better than the 68 team and all they acheived. Players like Toure, Kompany, Hart, Silva, Aguero and Tevez are world class with a supporting cast not too far behind in Lescott, Barry,De Jong, Clichy, Zabaleta, Richards and Dzeko.

The players know what is expected, they know the responsibility they shoulder, they were grounded yesterday after the win and will be completely focused on the job in hand on Sunday. With 45,000 Blues going mental start believing and less of the fucking dithering.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
There is one group associated with us that are not nervous and are doing there job.......The players.
We were shitting it on here before the Derby and before the Geordies...The players clearly werent. We are not typical city any more.
Treat them with respect certainly but not too much. Go for their throat from kick off, get some early goals, kill the rags enthusiasm and kill qprs will. We can do this and are better than QPR by a million miles. Its the equivalent of Madrid playing Racing Santander at the Bernabau to win the league. Woulkd Madrid fans be shitting it? Its only that we are not used to it. Lets not forget who the best team in the league are....
Spot on mate. Couldn't have said it better if I'd tried.

The two games in our end of season run-in that we had good reason to be nervous about are now past, and we won them both; no hang on a minute, lets get it right here, we f*cking BOSSED both of them. In the first one our team didn't allow the current chumps a single shot on goal and in the second we pretty much outplayed the team who were top of the form league on their own patch.

Yeah, lets be nervous about QPR and their amazing away record.
I bet our back four are nervous as hell about their ten-years-out-of date strike force.
Yaya, Gaz Baz and Nige are probably bricking it about coming face to face with the legend that is Lord Joseph of Barton.
Maybe Kun and Tevez are worrying about how they'll be able to out fox Neddy at the back.

I normally don't tempt fate like this but this isn't your typical city team is it. One more cup final and it's ours... and to be fair QPR probably got the points they need for survival yesterday. I for one will be bringing my cakes along next Sunday for our walk to the title.

I'm shaking my head as I read this...its one thing to be quietly confident and its another thing to get too cocky...we are not the rags ffs..
best team in the league? If by that you mean City, the 'best team' still lost 5 games and had 5 draws...and I didn't see all these declarations after the Arsenal match or even before the Newcastle match..
City will deserve that title only after we lift the Premier League trophy next week..until then, like you say, lets just not tempt fate, shall we? Do whatever you want after that..I myself will go bonkers where I am..

player for player, we are miles to good for them and i am so confident and proud of my team that i am not even contemplating slipping up... ps, watch the uniteds players faces at the swansea game yesterday... THEY KNOW QPR CANNOT HELP THEM!!! see you in shambles 10.30am ish for the start of our end of season drink, celebration and frivolities... M.C.F.C.4EVER!!!

This will be a tough game make no mistake, i think most fans realise this but you still get the odd clown who acts like your stereotypical Rag sadly.

All we can do is make more noise than we have ever made before and literally suck that ball into the QPR net, an absolute rakcet for 90 minutes to scare the living daylights out of QPR and hope that we (and Sunderland) do the business.

This is far far from over and if anyone gets too cocky we all now what can happen.

everyone needs to chill out, do anything you can to keep your mind off the game... wow i just want the season to be over now!

sincity said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
There is one group associated with us that are not nervous and are doing there job.......The players.
We were shitting it on here before the Derby and before the Geordies...The players clearly werent. We are not typical city any more.
Treat them with respect certainly but not too much. Go for their throat from kick off, get some early goals, kill the rags enthusiasm and kill qprs will. We can do this and are better than QPR by a million miles. Its the equivalent of Madrid playing Racing Santander at the Bernabau to win the league. Woulkd Madrid fans be shitting it? Its only that we are not used to it. Lets not forget who the best team in the league are....
Spot on mate. Couldn't have said it better if I'd tried.

The two games in our end of season run-in that we had good reason to be nervous about are now past, and we won them both; no hang on a minute, lets get it right here, we f*cking BOSSED both of them. In the first one our team didn't allow the current chumps a single shot on goal and in the second we pretty much outplayed the team who were top of the form league on their own patch.

Yeah, lets be nervous about QPR and their amazing away record.
I bet our back four are nervous as hell about their ten-years-out-of date strike force.
Yaya, Gaz Baz and Nige are probably bricking it about coming face to face with the legend that is Lord Joseph of Barton.
Maybe Kun and Tevez are worrying about how they'll be able to out fox Neddy at the back.

I normally don't tempt fate like this but this isn't your typical city team is it. One more cup final and it's ours... and to be fair QPR probably got the points they need for survival yesterday. I for one will be bringing my cakes along next Sunday for our walk to the title.

I'm shaking my head as I read this...its one thing to be quietly confident and its another thing to get too cocky...we are not the rags ffs..
best team in the league? If by that you mean City, the 'best team' still lost 5 games and had 5 draws...and I didn't see all these declarations before the Newcastle match..
City will deserve that title only after we lift the Premier League trophy next week..until then, like you say, lets just not tempt fate, shall we? Do whatever you want after that..I myself will go bonkers where I am..

Well you shake your head as much as you like mate, but I've been QUIETLY confident about the possibility of this title being ours since the end of March.
Even before that lot in Trafford had their slip-ups at Wigan and against Everton I've been HOPING that they'd not get the points they needed to run away with it, and fortunately that hope became a reality. Once again I found myself quietly hoping to myself that our team would be capable of putting in performances in our previous two matches to nudge us ahead in this race, and you're right I wasn't as bullish BEFORE either of those two games.... but after those two performances I can now only see one outcome. I'm still hoping but now I've just got a little bit more volume with that hope.

You may look at this as me tempting fate, but I believe that you make your own luck in this life and that your destiny isn't somehow written in the stars or that the simple fact of me writing it down will somehow jinx it; I leave all that superstitious mumbo-jumbo to the witch doctors mate. Why am I so much more confident now than I was before our last two games? Simple really. When I look at our players I see a team who are confident in their ability to do the job that they're paid to do, who can now see the finish line ahead of them and their in the lead, a team of sportsmen who are now relishing the challenge ahead of them, and who hold the belief that they can win this thing; and that's rubbed off on me, I'm CONFIDENT but I'm certainly not cocky.

We're in the driving seat. It's ours to WIN not ours to lose. Their's a big difference between those two states of mind you know.

And If you think that when I look forward to seeing our players take on a team next Sunday who are in all honesty significantly inferior in talent, ability and tactics that I'm being RAG LIKE (FFS) then you need to give your head a big wobble. No offence meant mate, I get where you're coming from, believe me I do, but in my book there's a huge difference between looking forward to a winable match that we could win the league in and showing characteristics of being like a fan of those rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.