we lose because of the CBs

If there is fault on the first goal it is with Zaba.He was tracking Nani and as the ball was played by Giggs,if you watch it closely , Zaba actually checks his run a fraction as he thinks Nani isn't going to take the pass.

The rest we know.

You cannot blame Lescott for jumping for a long ball to compete with shrek ( who just jumps into him) and it bounces away luckily to Giggs.

Mancio said:

isnt it the truth ?

unfortunally we have both the problems , CBs and goalkeeper.

And Carlos is too greedy...okay so we need another goalkeeper, two centre halves, a new 30 goal a season striker........

Does that mean you think the only players who are good enough are the ones Mancini signed - actually, nevermind, don't bother answering that...

Kompany (along with Silva) was brilliant AGAIN today.

Zabaleta struggled a bit against Nani and though Richards had another good game, United did use the flanks a lot, partly due to our formation tbf.

Lescott was poor but Kolo's absence was probably not expected. I would have preferred Boateng to Lescott though.

Anyway, that's just today but I don't think that we lose because of our CB's in general anyway, so I disagree with your OP, I guess.

Despite all the knee-jerk reactions on this board today, I think we will be fine.

Kompany is great but Lescott fills me with little confidence, he's supposed to be great in the air and he does that for the first goal.

We are desperate for a real beast of a CB to compliment Vinny and our failure to get one in is costing us.

That said, the constant swapping of players also doesn't help, especially at the heart of defence were familiarity and communication is key as well as trust.

Lescott should have beaten Rooney in the air but no-one was at fault for Rooney's goal. Kompany slipped (shit pitch)

We need another top class CB to play alongside Vinny. A Kompany-Vidic partnership would be the best in the world. We won't get Vidic but someone of that mould is what we need.

DTeacher said:
Kompany (along with Silva) was brilliant AGAIN today.

Zabaleta struggled a bit against Nani and though Richards had another good game, United did use the flanks a lot, partly due to our formation tbf.

Lescott was poor but Kolo's absence was probably not expected. I would have preferred Boateng to Lescott though.

Anyway, that's just today but I don't think that we lose because of our CB's in general anyway, so I disagree with your OP, I guess.

Despite all the knee-jerk reactions on this board today, I think we will be fine.

I agree Kompany was very good today BUT he was the man marking Rooney when he scored. Good job that wasn't Lescott isn't it. I am not saying it was Vinnie's fault but I am damn sure it would have been Lescott's.

Plus I recall Vinnie making a great sliding challenge to take the ball off Rooney just as he was about to shoot. Brilliant tackle but what happened immediately after that. Vinnie got up and miscontrolled the ball straight to nanai on the edge of the box who took a touch and shot wide.That was an awful mistake by Vinnie.

Lescott played well today and yet by some still gets blamed for not cleanly winning a header 45 yards out when the oppostion striker jumps into him. It's a tough world being a City player who isnt well liked.

vinny best player on the pitch today! lescott played well aswell!

we were by far the better team today cant say any 1 had a bad game!

de niro said:
Mancio said:
load of threads about the strikers , the strikers connudrum , the lack of pace , the lack of width , the lack of luck , the lack of creativity , the lack of good management , and in all of that threads there is some interesting bit , yes , but it seem to me that the real problem is a different one , are the CBs.

today too , both the two goal came from CBs mistakes. the first from lescott failed header and the second from the rooney lack of marking. against Villa the goal was from a kolo double mistake. against everton first was a kompany mistake . almost every time we lose there is a serious mistake from a CB.

and are not just the goals , many many times our defence is in strong difficult for the simple long balls coming from the opposite goalkeeper or defenders , i'm sure i'm not the only one who can see all this. or i'm ?

totally agree, i said in the window that we were desperate for a centre back, we did'nt address it and it WILL cost us.
Agree that we need a dominating centre back to partner Kompany. Kompany is incredible for me yet doesn't have a decent partner. I said in the summer we needed a real leader at the back, Puyol type, before anything else and it has cost us many goals and will continue to do so. It may also be a factor in costing us CLF next season. An organiser and leader at the back is the foundation that underpins any top team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.