we lose because of the CBs

Nelly's Left Foot said:
DTeacher said:
Kompany (along with Silva) was brilliant AGAIN today.

Zabaleta struggled a bit against Nani and though Richards had another good game, United did use the flanks a lot, partly due to our formation tbf.

Lescott was poor but Kolo's absence was probably not expected. I would have preferred Boateng to Lescott though.

Anyway, that's just today but I don't think that we lose because of our CB's in general anyway, so I disagree with your OP, I guess.

Despite all the knee-jerk reactions on this board today, I think we will be fine.

I agree Kompany was very good today BUT he was the man marking Rooney when he scored. Good job that wasn't Lescott isn't it. I am not saying it was Vinnie's fault but I am damn sure it would have been Lescott's.

Plus I recall Vinnie making a great sliding challenge to take the ball off Rooney just as he was about to shoot. Brilliant tackle but what happened immediately after that. Vinnie got up and miscontrolled the ball straight to nanai on the edge of the box who took a touch and shot wide.That was an awful mistake by Vinnie.

Lescott played well today and yet by some still gets blamed for not cleanly winning a header 45 yards out when the oppostion striker jumps into him. It's a tough world being a City player who isnt well liked.

To be fair to Vinny, Nani's delivery was such that pretty much the only thing Rooney could've done was what he did - it's really not possible in my opinion to make anyone culpable for that goal in any way shape or form...

Vinny in recent weeks has had a few lapses of judgment, I'm not disagreeing with that - but every defender in the world will over the course of the season make silly mistakes - even the likes of Vidic. The difference for us is that when Vinny does make a mistake, there is rarely anyone around who's going to mop up for him, as he's generally the one doing the mopping up...

kompany was great today lescott was at fault for first goal he should be winning those headers. he is to one footed me personaly would av playd botng instead of lescott. we gave to much space to nani you need to stop the cross comin in

Halfpenny said:
Kompany was our best player.

Absolutely. Couldn't fault his game and at times he was beyond good.

We didn't lose because of any single player. It was a fucking good performance overall and on another day we might have won.

Fine margins in football and the fact is we went to the swamp and matched one of the best teams in Europe. Nothing to be ashamed of and NO inquest necessary.

We lost because it wasn't our day. We could just as easily have won.

Blaming the centre backs, blaming the goalkepper, blaming the midfield - blah blah blah . This kind of debate is stupid given the performance today.

Fact is nobody needs blaming because nothing went much wrong. Utd had the luck, not the edge.

mammutly said:
Halfpenny said:
Kompany was our best player.

We didn't lose because of any single player. It was a fucking good performance overall and on another day we might have won.

Fine margins in football and the fact is we went to the swamp and matched one of the best teams in Europe. Nothing to be ashamed of and NO inquest necessary.

Blaming the centre backs, blaming the goalkepper, blaming the midfield - blah blah blah . This kind of debate is stupid given the performance today.

Fact is nobody needs blaming because nothing went much wrong. Utd had the luck, not the edge.

Well said.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
DTeacher said:

Zabaleta struggled a bit against Nani and though Richards had another good game, United did use the flanks a lot, partly due to our formation tbf.

Lescott was poor but Kolo's absence was probably not expected. I would have preferred Boateng to Lescott though.

Anyway, that's just today but I don't think that we lose because of our CB's in general anyway, so I disagree with your OP, I guess.

Despite all the knee-jerk reactions on this board today, I think we will be fine.

I agree Kompany was very good today BUT he was the man marking Rooney when he scored. Good job that wasn't Lescott isn't it. I am not saying it was Vinnie's fault but I am damn sure it would have been Lescott's.

Plus I recall Vinnie making a great sliding challenge to take the ball off Rooney just as he was about to shoot. Brilliant tackle but what happened immediately after that. Vinnie got up and miscontrolled the ball straight to nanai on the edge of the box who took a touch and shot wide.That was an awful mistake by Vinnie.

Wrong mate, Vinnie made the world class tackle, the ball ran to Zabs who was too slow and let Nani in on goal, wasn't Vinnie's fault. In saying that I love Zabs but for me he should be in midfield.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
DTeacher said:

Lescott played well today and yet by some still gets blamed for not cleanly winning a header 45 yards out when the oppostion striker jumps into him. It's a tough world being a City player who isnt well liked.

Look at the goal again, Nani's cross was going into the postion were Kompany was, however the deflection off Zabba ment it changed direction, Kompany tried to adjust but slipped due to a shit pitch, it wasnt his fault

Ric said:
mammutly said:

Well said.
Nothing went wrong. Man Utd scored 2 goals. We scored 1 goal. Utd have 3 points we have none. Their goal wasn't luck, it was sublime skill [by a wanker].

Nelly's Left Foot said:
If there is fault on the first goal it is with Zaba.He was tracking Nani and as the ball was played by Giggs,if you watch it closely , Zaba actually checks his run a fraction as he thinks Nani isn't going to take the pass.

The rest we know.

You cannot blame Lescott for jumping for a long ball to compete with shrek ( who just jumps into him) and it bounces away luckily to Giggs.

Lescott has to win the header...thats his job, bread and butter defending. THATS WHY HE IS ON THE PITCH. Dont blame zaba...id of been pissed off in the salford sunday league if i wuda come off second best and not won the header. IMO i agree that we need another top notch centre half to play with Kompany - not sure who though. Toure is poor.

Great performance today, we should of won if we took our chances. Fair play to the granny shagger for a fantastic goal.

I can see where the OP is coming from,vinny was outstanding genarally today ,but the space for Rooney`s goal was outrageous.
The two cb`s of utd near gave our forward`s a proper sniff of a goal.
We just need a no noscence cb( but a dont know who )

K.Reeves right foot said:
Ric said:
Well said.
Nothing went wrong. Man Utd scored 2 goals. We scored 1 goal. Utd have 3 points we have none. Their goal wasn't luck, it was sublime skill [by a wanker].

I agree. A piece of sublime skill indeed. But He could try that 100 times and pull it off just once (the wanker) . And on another day, any of the blocked shots of tevez, silva or yaya might have found the top corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.