We lost to a bunch of goat herding donkeys, lets move on...

kiam06 said:
Lets be honest yesterday was a bit of a downer but we all knew that Everton were going to kick us off the park and batter us with long balls and set pieces, there is no better team at playing that way than Everton at Goodison and unfortunately we had a few under performers on the day and a referee that would have been more suited to the UFC.

Everton have their world cup in the trophy cabinet this morning and we need to forget it and look to the derby and future games as we are playing for a bigger prize this season which is Champions League, a defeat by a bunch of very bitter and jealous scousers will not hurt too much when we look at the final table, so heads up blues and bring on those rags!!

What a pathetic, bitter and bullshit post. The like a fucking Utd fan would have come up with.

Everton battered us with long balls? I didn't see much of that. Thought they played the ball on the deck very well through the midfield for almost all the game. Why is hard for some of you to accept they played with far more quality than we did? It doesn't make them a better team, it's just what happened on the day. They isn't an area of the game we were not totally outdone. Thats the truth, accept it, learn from it and move on.

That was not their cup final or world cup or anything of the sort. How arrogant are you to suggest all Everton want to do this season is beat us? They are in Europe and have massive derby games vs Liverpool to play, not to mention Chelsea and Aresenal, yet you think we are their 'world cup'. How stupid are you? Was beating Arsenal our cup final cos we certainly celebrated so. Or was it just a big game we all really wanted to win. Just like Everton vs us?

The only bitter and jealous ones are the idiots on here who spout the shit like you have.

The real City fans accept we were second best and got beaten by a better team on the day. They accept we are not this super dooper world class team some of you think we are, they realise we have a long way to go and have only just started our journey to the very top and they don't moan, whinge and cry like babies and blame the opposition or write things that are factually not true.

Fucking hell

citymad said:
IMHO If Everton could sort out their game against mid table or lower teams they would be a real force to be reckoned with in the top 4. Don't forget they have some major players missing and with their full strength squad against ours I'd have to pick Everton purely because they have a hard working winning work ethic. We have to many players on high salaries who may have less incentive to bust a gut.

Good post. Especially your last sentence. Mancini's biggest job that is.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I can't work out TevezBlue whether you are rag or an Everton fan? My money is on Everton enjoy your win.
The better team on the day won but the OP had a few good points.

As i have had to say twice today, the fact that a supporter who can be totally objectionable about his own team and the oppositions team is accused of supporting other teams is very very sad.

I thought we were completely and utterly outplayed by Spurs too. Just as humiliating a performance as yesterday. That make me a cockney now does it?

Read the report in every paper today, listen to what Mancini says - they are all saying the same things as me. Its called being objectionable and not myopic and one eyed. You should try it sometime, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

I don't read match reports as they generally don't represent the games that I have watched, you join the night before the game and every post is about how good Everton played. Football is about opinions:

My opinions:

1- Everton played well and deserved the win.
2- The referee/officials gave little protection and awarded the vast majority of 50/50's to Everton
3- We have lots of injuries and absentees as well.

Never saw any of the above views represented in the media.

Objectionable ha-ha

I'm not bothered who you support.

tevezblue said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
I can't work out TevezBlue whether you are rag or an Everton fan? My money is on Everton enjoy your win.
The better team on the day won but the OP had a few good points.

As i have had to say twice today, the fact that a supporter who can be totally objectionable about his own team and the oppositions team is accused of supporting other teams is very very sad.

I thought we were completely and utterly outplayed by Spurs too. Just as humiliating a performance as yesterday. That make me a cockney now does it?

Read the report in every paper today, listen to what Mancini says - they are all saying the same things as me. Its called being objectionable and not myopic and one eyed. You should try it sometime, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Think you'll find the term you're looking for is actually "objective" rather than "objectionable."

;-)

(Very long rant coming..)
I'm sorry, but who exactly do we think we are? Our attitude is pathetic, not our team, they lost, a poor go of it, they lost and will hopefully learn from it and pick it up for the next game, but us?

I mean we've now no respect for any other team. Why's that because we've more money then them. We give out about the Everton fans celebrating, get over it, they've every right to do so. But suddenly they're not allowed. We look down on everyone now, I mean we've been celebrating over the last few games like we won the title, and laughing about United like they're in the relegation zone, yet everyone seems to forget they're second.

What makes us so special that we think we can treat everyone the way we've been going on. We've money, oh how I wished football had nothing to do with money. The game would be another species all together if it was an amatuer game.
At least then we could see who gives a crap. I mean you think the likes of Robinho would bleed for City, put his body on the line?

I don't think I've ever seen a player with a worse attitude like he had yesterday. He had NO impact on the game whatsoever and what's so much worse is that he didn't care one little bit. And yet he still gets paid more in a week then half of us would make in the year.

We've had a go at just about everyone. I mean we'd even a go the Everton fans for celebrating. The way we've been acting lately, I'm not surprised how the Everton fans did react, we've lost respect for everybody, we think the solution to everything is a cheque book, just because we can.
We take every comment, every action by a ref, every comment by the pundits as a dig at us personally.

I mean, face facts, we were shocking, they were excellent, and played with heart and determination and passion, we thought that it'd be handed to us on a plate just becase we're us. But we were shown up. We didn't put it up to them, we just presumed we were better and whined when we were beating. Fire passion..etc That was Everton.. Something we used to have..now our sollution is to buy everthing that breaths.

I've seen God only knows how many posts about how the ref was biased against us and the penalty wasn't a penalty.
He broke the rules, we're no exception to the rules, there's nothing soft about it. He pulled his shirt all the way from outside the box, and while it's not something you might see straight away it became blatantly obvious when he continued to do so right infront of the linesman in the box, it's against the rules. There's no ifs or buts about it.

I mean because we've won the odd few games against weak opposition that means we have to by right win the next game and the next? Nothing is taken for granted, nothing is handed to us on a silver platter, we need to work hard to win games and we need to earn respect, not piss away the money and scratch our heads when no one has any respect for us.
We'll win nothing if we act the way we did and the team and the fans acts with so little respect to the opposition.

When did we become so pig headed?
Football used to be about football, and all we used to care about was football. Now it's all about fixing this with a cheque book rather then hard work.
We loose one game, and we act like we've just been relegated, the top teams take it in their stride, and pick themselves up, get over it and look forward to the next game. They don't press the panic button. We do. That's what will seperate us in the end of the season.

We've a team of sprinters in my opinion, but the Premiership's a marathon and that's the problem, Man U, Chelsea..etc are better suited for that race.

If we push on, keep our heads down and work hard, we'll end up where we deserve to end up at the end of the season, not now, not in January, you don't win anything in January.
If we put in half the fight that I know we used to be able to put on the field and in the stands then we've the players to go on and achieve something.
IF we go on the way we've been acting, we'll fall flat on our faces and everybody will love it. Lets not give the critics anything more to be right about. Lets go back to what City used to be. Soul, heart, fight.
Fight for everything, every piece of grass, every single minute of every single game, and every single ball, gach uile liatroid and lets put that true blue back into the jersey, it had a meaning at one point. Lets not let that be lost in the transfer market.

I watch players give their heart and soul for a team with sacrifices and commitments ye couldn't imagine, for nothing other then the honour of pulling on their jersey.
Our lads get paid for it, the least they do is treat the jersey with the respect it deserves. And the least we could do is the same.

The OP has lots of good points. I was upset when I saw who the ref was IMHO he needs to be fast tracked back down the leagues as he wouldn't know a foul if it slapped him in the face. Moyes is good at organising his team and he plays the percentage game and it works. Mancini had worked out that Moyes would have his players pressuring ours when they had the ball and Given would get plenty of back passes this is why he choose RSC and why he said he was our most important player as he was there to win the punts up field. Unfortunately plan B did not work And Everton got more into their game and we lost ours

If the "donkeys" were in our squad I'd bet they would get many games because our style would not suit them. I've watched matches from Italy, Spain and England over the weekend and not one team played like Everton.

IrishMacca said:
(Very long rant coming..)
I'm sorry, but who exactly do we think we are? Our attitude is pathetic, not our team, they lost, a poor go of it, they lost and will hopefully learn from it and pick it up for the next game, but us?

I mean we've now no respect for any other team. Why's that because we've more money then them. We give out about the Everton fans celebrating, get over it, they've every right to do so. But suddenly they're not a lot. We look down on everyone now, I mean we've been celebrating over the last few games like we won the title, and laughing about United like they're in the relegation zone, yet everyone seems to forget they're second.
What makes us so special that we think we can treat everyone the way we've been going on. We've money, oh how I wished football had nothing to do with money. The game would be another species all together if it was an amatuer game.
At least then we could see who gives a crap. I mean you think the likes of Robinho would bleed for City, put his body on the line?
I don't think I've ever seen a player with a worse attitude like he had yesterday. He had NO impact on the game whatsoever and what's so much worse is that he didn't care one little bit. And yet he still gets paid more in a week then half of us would make in the year.

We've had a go at just about everyone. I mean we'd even a go the Everton fans for celebrating. The way we've been acting lately, I'm not surprised how the Everton fans did react, we've lost respect for everybody, we think the solution to everything is a cheque book, just because we can.
We take every comment, every action by a ref, every comment by the pundits as a dig at us personally.

I mean, face facts, we were shocking, they were excellent, and played with heart and determination and passion, we thought that it'd be handed to us on a plate just becase we're us. But we were shown up. We didn't put it up to them, we just presumed we were better and whined when we were beating. Fire passion..etc That was Everton.. Something we used to have..now our sollution is to buy everthing that breaths.

I've seen God only knows how many posts about how the ref was biased against us and the penalty wasn't a penalty.
He broke the rules, we're no exception to the rules, there's nothing soft about it. He pulled his shirt all the way from outside the box, and while it's not something you might see straight away it became blatantly obvious when he continued to do so right infront of the linesman in the box, it's against the rules. There's no ifs or buts about it.

I mean because we've won the odd few games against weak opposition that means we have to by right win the next game and the next? Nothing is taken for granted, nothing is handed to us on a silver platter, we need to work hard to win games and we need to earn respect, not piss away the money and scratch our heads when no one has any respect for us.
We'll win nothing if we act the way we did and the team and the fans acts with so little respect to the opposition.

When did we become so pig headed?
Football used to be about football, and all we used to care about was football. Now it's all about fixing this with a cheque book rather then hard work.
We loose one game, and we act like we've just been relegated, the top teams take it in their stride, and pick themselves up, get over it and look forward to the next game. They don't press the panic button. We do. That's what will seperate us in the end of the season.

We've a team of sprinters in my opinion, but the Premiership's a marathon and that's the problem, Man U, Chelsea..etc are better suited for that race.

If we push on, keep our heads down and work hard, we'll end up where we deserve to end up at the end of the season, not now, not in January, you don't win anything in January.
If we put in half the fight that I know we used to be able to put on the field and in the stands then we've the players to go on and achieve something.
IF we go on the way we've been acting, we'll fall flat on our faces and everybody will love it. Lets not give the critics anything more to be right about. Lets go back to what City used to be. Soul, heart, fight.
Fight for everything, every piece of grass, every single minute of every single game, and every single ball, gach uile liatroid and lets put that true blue back into the jersey, it had a meaning at one point. Lets not let that be lost in the transfer market.

I watch players give their heart and soul for a team with sacrifices and commitments ye couldn't imagine, for nothing other then the honour of pulling on their jersey.
Our lads get paid for it, the least they do is treat the jersey with the respect it deserves. And the least we could do is the same.

A small faction of blues seem to be getting very much up their own arses without us actually achieving anything of note. I'll start with the gloating and the rag pisstaking once we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.