We may be minted but a good defensive solution is going free

sam221985 said:
Lucas Neill. Seriously, he's a quality player with a never-say-die attitude, he's a battler. He's a right-sided CB (I'm saying we should get in Lescott for the left sided CB, this is in addition to him, not instead of) who is versatile in that he is also fully capable of being competition for Zab and Micah at RB too. He can cover left-back too if ever needed to do so. He has premiership experience. He is 31 and so offers quality now but will be moving aside in time for Micah and Ned to become complete players. Seriously, what's the catch?

I feel that although the Terry saga will run close, he probably won't come (not being negative just my opinion) so Lescott and Neill would be quality additions.

hi Lucas :)

ok i'd love to be able to stick up for lucas here, but as good as he has done for the national team we have a very limited talent pool to choose from with our small population of football players in oz.
But now that we have the cash at city to sign quality players for any position lucas neill is surplus to requirments, there was a time when he would have been a good fit at city, but that time passed when Dickov scored a certain goal against Gillingham.

No never would prefer to keep dunne then get him i think with the team we are building we should and are looking for much better class in a defender.

If we did get him he be gone in a year but there again we made of money and so who cares we take him as well. :)

mcfc-1.png

skybluekings said:
sam221985 said:
Lucas Neill. Seriously, he's a quality player with a never-say-die attitude, he's a battler. He's a right-sided CB (I'm saying we should get in Lescott for the left sided CB, this is in addition to him, not instead of) who is versatile in that he is also fully capable of being competition for Zab and Micah at RB too. He can cover left-back too if ever needed to do so. He has premiership experience. He is 31 and so offers quality now but will be moving aside in time for Micah and Ned to become complete players. Seriously, what's the catch?

I feel that although the Terry saga will run close, he probably won't come (not being negative just my opinion) so Lescott and Neill would be quality additions.

hi Lucas :)

pmsl got to be init.

mcfc-1.png

Look, it's true he's not really a very good player and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club, but in the OP's defence, if he hadn't been such a greedy bastard and gone for the wages at West Ham, he would have signed for Liverpool.

Given their complete lack of decent full backs, he probably would have played many, many games for a top 4 side.

Then again, he'd still be not very good. Also, the OP lists CB as his primary position which has never been the case, so he's probably not seen him play much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.