We need a centre forward in January

Pigeonho said:
I don't think we need anymore forwards, what we need to do is use the ones we have. I counted 7 crosses in from the wings in the first half alone last night, crosses which were met by 6ft plus United defenders, and not by 5ft5 forward players of ours. We may as well have just give them the ball. Why cross high balls into the box when there is no one there to meet it other than the opposition defenders?!? If Ade or RSC were there, fair enough but they weren't. That was confusing to say the least.

It's quite obvious mate that RSC and Jo aren't in the managers plans and I doubt very much that Ade has a future with us as well, or he would have been on alot earlier last night.
To win games like last night's, we're looking for a moment of individual inspiration and the only three forwards in the Prem (Tevez excluded) that can provide that are shrek, drogba and Torres.
We must, in January, offload SWP and Ade to Liverpool with money and bring in Torres.

And when you go on about 5ft 5 players standing no chance in the air for crosses, likkle micky owen's scored his fair share of headed goals

What this team needs most of all is a driving force in the centre midfield. These are rareplayers, but what we need is a Zidane. I understand there probably isn't one like him anywhere in the world, but that's the type of player needed most by City and we have the funds so let's aim high.

A player that can instill confidence in the team in the centre of the field. Score goals and control play with elite passing ability. Also the ability to win the ball in the air. Is there such a player? Viera in his prime I would say.

I disagree, actually. Maybe as backup (but remember we do have Balotelli already), but I don't think there's room for one in the system we're trying to play.

Mancini sets up with a standard back four with slightly advanced full backs
A central three with one sweeping and one breaking forward
A fluid front three with Tevez the central false nine, Silva the playmaker drifting in from the right, and Balotelli joining Tevez from the left.

If anything, what that formation needs is inside forwards. I.e. the Ronaldo/Robben/Messi before this year (he's more central now) type player, cutting in from the flanks to join the attack. We have two - Johnson and Balotelli. I think we need one more, a right footed player cutting from the left.

Think about it - if Silva gets injured, we can use Johnson on the right.
If Tevez gets injured, we can use Balotelli in the middle, but then we have a gap on the left.
If Balotelli gets injured/suspended (!), again, we need that space filled. (This is all assuming that Ade/RSC/Jo don't quite cut it).

Not sure about specific names yet, but does anyone else agree that this is the type of player that we need for our system, rather than a straight 9? They just haven't seemed to work that well under Mancini.

Oh, that and a Fabregas-type creative midfielder and a backup left back, please.

SORTED.

We don't need anymore full backs. We have as first choice, Kolorov and Boateng with Zabba (who was outstanding last night) who can play left or right, and Richards at right back. We also have Lescott who can cover at left back and in a real emergency, Barry.

I think Roberto needs to see that Barry, DeJong, Kolo and Milner are not going to terrify opposition defences and that playing all four in the same line up is far too negative.
We have room for two DM's sitting in front of the defence, so that's any two from Nige, Yaya and Barry.
Milner needs to play an advanced role down the middle, similar to Lampard. This is where he caught the eye playing for Vila last season.
Balo, Tevez and Silva up top, as we saw at WBA works really well, but at the mo we only have Balotelli who can fulfill that role of second striker drifting in from the left.

We need central midfielders far more than we need a forward.

People criticise the DJ, Barry, Yaya combination but it is the best we have.

Mancini will look for a player who can offer a link to the forward line and a creative edge, whilst trying not to lose the solidity our midfield has.

Come on now lads, some of our fans are delusional! We have Balo, Ade and King Carlos. We can't keep chopping and changing after one fucking result. Last week Balo showed his class. If he didn't get suspended, he would of been starting.

We need to gel as a unit, the squad we posses is the arguably the best in the league.

I for one was not happy with the performance last night, we played for a draw, no doubt about it. RM has to loosen the shackles at home, United were there for the taken. Bringing in another center forward to our already world class front line might not be the answer. I say, stick with the current team until the summer, give the likes of Tevez, Balo, AJ and Silva a chance to play together then make a judgment.

Just because we have the money to spend, dosen't mean you've got to buy another player after a dismal performance.. Cmon now lads, get real!

if we are insisting on playing this system, then ade or dzeko do not fit into it

Torres/Dzeko

Tevez Ballotelli

Silva

Yaya De Jong

Kolarov Kolo Kompany Boateng

Amazing set up if we can do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.