We need a centre forward in January

We need a top striker no doubt. Torres wins Liverpool points single handily at times as he can always make and score out of nothing. We dont have any striker who can do this and players like Ade etc are relient on service.

The crosses Bale put in for Spurs V Inter, can you honestly see any current city forward being where Pavlachenko and crouch were to tap the crosses in?

Our front men simply dont play at times like front men, coming back to the half way line to get the ball or wondering to the wing, and when they have the ball we have no one up front

Another point is the lack of goals from midfield. Christ, i cant even remember when we had a half decent shot from outside the box.

In the league this year, Silva 1 goal, Milner 0, Barry 0, De Jong 0, Toure 0 etc. We are far too relient on tevez and abit of shooting practise is in order. I honestly cant think of the last time someone scored a screamer from 30 yeards for us

HAH We need forward)))) How's that?! Okay, we should buy Torres, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Dzeko who else is popular nowadays?))

hertsblue said:
Another point is the lack of goals from midfield. Christ, i cant even remember when we had a half decent shot from outside the box.

In the league this year, Silva 1 goal, Milner 0, Barry 0, De Jong 0, Toure 0 etc. We are far too relient on tevez and abit of shooting practise is in order. I honestly cant think of the last time someone scored a screamer from 30 yeards for us

I agree totally with the sentiment of our lack of goalscoring and goalscoring threat from the middle, but just to correct you, Barry has scored in the league
It was mentioned last night on GMR that we have no midfielder who will run past Tevez. When you look at the rags, they've a number of players who will push on past their front man.

Adebayor has not gotten a fair shake lately. 5 goals in 3 starts, improved workrate, but it seems like Mancini (who I am a staunch defender of) is almost deliberately trying to unsettle him (ie, taking him off before the knackered Balotelli against Wolves, bringing him on with seconds to go yesterday) in order to drive him out.

Was nice of Mancini to give Jo a chance but clearly he isn't good enough. So with Jo and Santa Cruz out there is space for someone new (if he doesn't feel Guidetti is worth the risk). If Ade goes then probably room for two new forwards, hopefully one of them being someone young and willing to sit on the bench so we don't have more dummy spitting.

hertsblue said:

YaYa scored at Wigan

MaChine said:
HAH We need forward)))) How's that?! Okay, we should buy Torres, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Dzeko who else is popular nowadays?))

Doh, hardly.
Remember who has left City recently:
Robhino, Bellamy (loan), Caicedo (loan) all who could score.
Out of favour is Roque, which hardly leaves a massive strike force

(4 strikers according to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Players</a>)

With Jo's record and Adebayor's inconsistency there is cearly a need for at least one recognised forward.... what's wrong with targetting a player or two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.