We need a centre forward in January

meeesh said:
Not contributed,or moaned on any thread regarding last nights shite attempt at a game of football(from both teams),but as daft as it sounds,it was the worst derby game I have ever witnessed and I have seen us lose em often enough !!

I went home thankful for small mercies really,but woke up this morning thinking christ do we need a centre forward in January,and I mean a proper centre forward,someone to hold up the ball,but be clever as well,to help the rest of our midfield,as we were playing 4-6-0 formation for most of last night.

Results went right for us,and a win on saturday will keep us in the hunt for the title,considering what games are this weekend

Chelsea probly beat Sunderland at home

Rags toughish game away at Villa

Arsenal toughish game away at Everton

So chance to capitalise again BLUES!

LETS TAKE IT ....PLEASE

The problem is finding a quality player that is prepared to play second fiddle to Tevez and is prepared to be rotated with Balotelli. I for one do not want to see a 4 4 2 which we would have to play if we got another striker in.

Personally i would sell Santa and try and keep Ade - if both yes we need another striker BUT if Dezeko or similar was available would he come into a team and be a squad player i think not.

tevez is perpetual motion,but not got the sprint to leave players for dead,he is at his best when we are on top,using his strength and control around the box.We dont get the best out of him as a lone striker.Someone with pure pace from midfield ,like Torres,would give us an outlet,better imho than a battering-ram type player (nolan) as they go hand in glove with hoof-ball.A player in the horse-face mould is also an option with silva and tev dove-tailing .Mario is a mystery to me, no idea what his best role is. RM must know and if he can get the best out of him then we will not need to worry about the opposition so much.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Last night came nowhere near the game last season. It was the same game as The Dippers last season. That attracted opprobrium from all quarters, especially non-fans who wanted a 5-4 Dipper or MANUre win. TV wants spectacle. Sky charge the earth and some pundits, non-MCFC and MANUre fans would not regard that as value for money. I thought on several occasions yesterday that it was 'our turn' to nick it at the death. Failing that I am quite pleased that we didn't suffer the 'usual'. In fact, just listening to Jonny Saunders on R2 saying that it 'didn't live up to expectations'! Whose fucking expectations? Folk just don't understand the nature of these games! They want gung-ho football, goals and mistakes galore 'cos it makes for great entertainment for the subscribing masses. Bollocks. That point last season might have seen us in the CL! It's gotta be taken in the round and put in perspective. Always nice to beat MANUre, but nearly as nice not to get beaten. I feel much better today than I did last season.
sense...at last!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.