We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

simon23 said:
jonno will learn a lot hopefully from barry....in terms of professionalism and how to handle himself off the pitch as well as on it

he is only young and still has a potentially very good career ahead of himself

What was the injury he had??? Loads of people were saying hes been doing coke and been on the piss and what not. Digestive system and allsorts??

I rate that kid really high, because hes a manc, and hes proud to wear the shirt. Not too long ago the media was saying he good be the next Gerrard. I think if he knuckles down him and Ireland or whoever could have a healthy fight for the starting line up. Good for the team, keeps them on there toes too.

CTID by the way

I agree wholeheartedly with the original post...

Whatever Garry Cook may think, this last year has been the epitome of 'typical City'.

Become the richest club in the world - worried about relegation a couple of months from the end of the season.

Try to sign Kaka, actually sign Craig fucking Bellamy.

Try to sign Eto'o, actually sign Santa Cruz.

What's next? Try to sign Terry, actually sign Lee Cattermole?

Said it before and I'll say it again - we need a manager who can attract these players to another wise unattractive club, and that ain't Hughes. He is a concern for these players rather than a bonus. Sure I will get slated for mentioning it though.

What was predicted is coming to pass so far though, and no one can dispute it.

I think we should go all out and buy that exciting young prospect from chelsea, Daniel Sturidge! What do you mean we let him go?

SalfordCityBlue said:

Whatever Garry Cook may think, this last year has been the epitome of 'typical City'.

Become the richest club in the world - worried about relegation a couple of months from the end of the season.

Said it before and I'll say it again - we need a manager who can attract these players to another wise unattractive club, and that ain't Hughes. He is a concern for these players rather than a bonus. Sure I will get slated for mentioning it though.

Yeah, because when we had Sven, we attracted Ronaldinho and other big players.

Hughes is an unfashionable manager whose sides are built on team spirit and work ethic. When you add the flair and technical ability we have in to that, it is an exciting team. I would prefer us to play this type of football, than the type that big continental mangers would bring, which is basically unsuited to the Premier League.

Damocles said:
Yeah, because when we had Sven, we attracted Ronaldinho and other big players.

When we had Sven we weren't the richest club in the world?

He did well on a budget and very limited time.

Anyway, who mentioned Sven?

Sven was a big manager.

And we might not have been the richest club in the world, but we had a stack of money, as his spending will attest to.

Why do we NEED big names, why not just buy players that will improves the squad whether there big or not. I'm not arsed anymore to be fair.

SalfordCityBlue said:

cant really argue with that tbh

SalfordCityBlue said:

Your getting ahead of yourself... Bellamy still a good signing...got nearly 1 in 2 while fit, RSC is exactly what we need and thats not a bad shout for Cattermole :-) Apparently Liverpool trying to go in for him late on...... Nothing Typical about it.. some good solid signings all pushing us forward in a steady manner.... Barry is an amazing signing..

Real Madrid Football Manager style action will just lead to us being a joke.... right now we have foundation to build on... Eto would have been good, but spitting dummy's out and blaming Hughes is ust nonsense.... Champions League is the ONLY reason we are not getting these players....

Damocles said:
Sven was a big manager.

And we might not have been the richest club in the world, but we had a stack of money, as his spending will attest to.

Sven would do a far better job than Hughes at attracting the type of player we are currently failing to land than Hughes is doing, yes.

Would I want Sven back? No.

Would I want Sven back if he was the only option other than Hughes? Fuck yes.

We are pissing away our opportunity to close the gap with this 'four or five transfer windows' timewasting bullshit IMO. There is a limited time when we will be in this position of 'richest club in the world' before someone invests big in someone else, and we should be in a hurry to maximise the opportunity.

Are we? No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.