We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

RobinJo said:
Why do we NEED big names, why not just buy players that will improves the squad whether there big or not. I'm not arsed anymore to be fair.

The fact remains that our owners obviously do think we need them. We have placed bids for Kaka & Eto'o and they sure as hell weren't designed to just raise our profile.

wrongun73 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I agree wholeheartedly with the original post...

Whatever Garry Cook may think, this last year has been the epitome of 'typical City'.

Become the richest club in the world - worried about relegation a couple of months from the end of the season.

Try to sign Kaka, actually sign Craig fucking Bellamy.

Try to sign Eto'o, actually sign Santa Cruz.

What's next? Try to sign Terry, actually sign Lee Cattermole?

Said it before and I'll say it again - we need a manager who can attract these players to another wise unattractive club, and that ain't Hughes. He is a concern for these players rather than a bonus. Sure I will get slated for mentioning it though.

What was predicted is coming to pass so far though, and no one can dispute it.
cant really argue with that tbh

Yes you can.

It shows that we are trying to sign big players, but are also signing players who will improve the team. This Typical City stuff is bollocks, thousands of clubs out there would kill to be in our position right now, and for the people who have been a fan longer than a few years and remember the Division 2 days, we should count ourselves lucky at the current team of talented players we are assembling.

Only two years ago, Cattermole and Bellamy would be cause for huge celebration

Don't lose the plot. We don't "need" to sign a big name. It's not about having ammunition for schoolyard arguments about who is going to have the best team next year. It's about building the team that has the best chance to win games consistently.

AustinBlue said:
Don't lose the plot. We don't "need" to sign a big name. It's not about having ammunition for schoolyard arguments about who is going to have the best team next year. It's about building the team that has the best chance to win games consistently.

This, a million times.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Damocles said:
Sven was a big manager.

And we might not have been the richest club in the world, but we had a stack of money, as his spending will attest to.

Sven would do a far better job than Hughes at attracting the type of player we are currently failing to land than Hughes is doing, yes.

Would I want Sven back? No.

Would I want Sven back if he was the only option other than Hughes? Fuck yes.

We are pissing away our opportunity to close the gap with this 'four or five transfer windows' timewasting bullshit IMO. There is a limited time when we will be in this position of 'richest club in the world' before someone invests big in someone else, and we should be in a hurry to maximise the opportunity.

Are we? No.

Ridiculous, Now, now,now....more, more, more.... me, me, me...

Time planning and foundations will leave us in good stead for the future.... Not going after players and managers based on stats from FIFA 09.....

Gimme one example of what you want, actually working.... Madrid Galaticos :-) Joke, and they will be again this year.... they still wont win the league....

Damocles said:
wrongun73 said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I agree wholeheartedly with the original post...

Whatever Garry Cook may think, this last year has been the epitome of 'typical City'.

Become the richest club in the world - worried about relegation a couple of months from the end of the season.

Try to sign Kaka, actually sign Craig fucking Bellamy.

Try to sign Eto'o, actually sign Santa Cruz.

What's next? Try to sign Terry, actually sign Lee Cattermole?

Said it before and I'll say it again - we need a manager who can attract these players to another wise unattractive club, and that ain't Hughes. He is a concern for these players rather than a bonus. Sure I will get slated for mentioning it though.

What was predicted is coming to pass so far though, and no one can dispute it.
cant really argue with that tbh

Yes you can.

It shows that we are trying to sign big players, but are also signing players who will improve the team. This Typical City stuff is bollocks, thousands of clubs out there would kill to be in our position right now, and for the people who have been a fan longer than a few years and remember the Division 2 days, we should count ourselves lucky at the current team of talented players we are assembling.
without getting into hughes in/out shit, yes we are going for big players but for whatever reason we aint getting them.
kaka and ronaldinho you can put down to experience, eto'o a greedy twat, it doesnt matter why what matters is they are not coming, and wont do until we are in the ch.league on a regular basis. sorry if this is something you dont want to hear but im afraid its true, not being negative just realistic

Damocles said:
Yes you can.

Only two years ago, Cattermole and Bellamy would be cause for huge celebration

Don't throw that wanky 'new fan' bullshit around mate, it's cheap.

I had a season ticket in division two and went to about 75% of the aways that year too. I think still have the book somewhere - I can post it to you if you think it will validate my right to an opinion?

I have been consistent in my view that Hughes cannot and will not deliver the signings the owners want, and I am not 'spitting my dummy out' and blaming Hughes because the Eto'o deal fell through.

See this post from 11 June:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=126730&p=2055688#p2055688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=126730&p=2055688#p2055688</a>

wrongun73 said:
without getting into hughes in/out shit, yes we are going for big players but for whatever reason we aint getting them.
kaka and ronaldinho you can put down to experience, eto'o a greedy twat, it doesnt matter why what matters is they are not coming, and wont do until we are in the ch.league on a regular basis. sorry if this is something you dont want to hear but im afraid its true, not being negative just realistic

That's a fair opinion. I think it has much more to do with players wanting CL and wondering how long our owners will be around more than anything that Hughes has done.

Johnny_on said:
Ridiculous, Now, now,now....more, more, more.... me, me, me...

Time planning and foundations will leave us in good stead for the future.... Not going after players and managers based on stats from FIFA 09.....

Gimme one example of what you want, actually working.... Madrid Galaticos :-) Joke, and they will be again this year.... they still wont win the league....

Another shite and cheap argument. Eto'o, Kaka, Terry opinions based on stats from FIFA 09? What planet are you on?

Examples of spending money working?

United.
Chelsea.
Blackburn.
Leeds (admittedly they were fucked when the money dried up lol).
Etc
Etc
Etc

We are trying to spend the money but the club is not attractive enough for two reasons:

1) we aren't in Europe (Hughes' fault)
2) Hughes has no reputation outside of the bargain basement clubs in England.

Sorry, but it's true.

We have picked the most ridiculously stupid time to suddenly back a manager, and that is most definitely 'typical City'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.