We probably won't qualify for the next stage of the CL so...

DD said:
There's pros and cons to this.

On the yes side, we need to get our European co-efficient up, give the lads more experience and it's a trophy to aim for.

On the no side there is a very good chance it will cost us league points, and maybe the points that makes the difference between winning it or not.

I will always maintain that, had we beat Sporting last season, then we wouldn't have won all of our last six games and won the league as a result. We'll never know, but I believe the team will have been meddled with and we'd have dropped more points.

For that reason only, we may be better off without it. Another nine games is just too much.

Its too much for a trophy with such limited prestige. We'd be better focusing on the FA Cup. Fewer games, less travelling, weekends apart from replays, similar prestige.

I find it difficult to get too worked up about ranking points when we're struggling to beat Pot 4 teams. Why put the league title at risk for the sake of a Pot 2 ranking rather Pot 3 ?

cibaman said:
DD said:

On the yes side, we need to get our European co-efficient up, give the lads more experience and it's a trophy to aim for.

On the no side there is a very good chance it will cost us league points, and maybe the points that makes the difference between winning it or not.

I will always maintain that, had we beat Sporting last season, then we wouldn't have won all of our last six games and won the league as a result. We'll never know, but I believe the team will have been meddled with and we'd have dropped more points.

For that reason only, we may be better off without it. Another nine games is just too much.

Its too much for a trophy with such limited prestige. We'd be better focusing on the FA Cup. Fewer games, less travelling, weekends apart from replays, similar prestige.

I find it difficult to get too worked up about ranking points when we're struggling to beat Pot 4 teams. Why put the league title at risk for the sake of a Pot 2 ranking rather Pot 3 ?
We've won hardly anything in the past 40 years so I will take any silverware we can get plus its not like we will play the same side on a thursday and then sunday like Spurs have been doing (yet still winning in the prem apart from there game against us).

League is by far the most important.....would like a cup run tho' (just thinking of all those lovely loyalty points that I can get as loads of fans cannot make the night games for a variety of shit made up reasons ;)

greasedupdeafguy said:
cibaman said:
DD said:

We've won hardly anything in the past 40 years so I will take any silverware we can get plus its not like we will play the same side on a thursday and then sunday like Spurs have been doing (yet still winning in the prem apart from there game against us).

We've got a thin European squad. If we get to the semi finals of the EL most of our best players will be playing twice a week in April

im all for trying to win the europa but for me the main problem with it is always having to play on sundays after thursday night games. if its a tight run in at the end of the season i think its always harder to play on a sunday because theres the added pressure of playing catch up to whoever else is challenging who played on the saturday

Not sure what that Carver fellow is referring to with a paper thin squad? We have two quality internationals in every position. As for technial inferiority, that's a nonsense, look how many times a PL team has won the CL in the last 10 years, academic. City's problem is collective experience, nothing to do with tecqhnique, we have it in abudnace with quality foreign players. As ever it's the home grown few are found wanting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.