We probably won't qualify for the next stage of the CL so...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I can't see us winning either of the last 2 games to be honest so reckon 4th it will be!!
We'll see. real Madrid are beatable, and Dortmund are not having a great season. Not doing well in their League and it seems we caught them on a good night

Europa.

We need the experience of playing against teams with better technical ability than in the Premier League, the Europa League may be a step down from the CL but technical ability of the teams that we will be facing will be better than in the PL. Decent side with players not featuring in next PL game with 2 youngsters plus Pantilimon in the side. It's better to introduce the youngsters into a side with experienced players in.

We would actually struggle as the squad is actually quite thin. Kolo would be one of the experienced players and he'll be at the ACN and of course, someone will be covering for Yaya in the 'preferred' PL team

With the players and squad we have, we should be able to compete in Europe as well as in the league and FA cup. Plus, i'd love another trip to Amsterdam for the Europa league final. Still think we have a chance of progressing in the Champions league though!

We have to try and do as we'll as we can in the EL for the sole purpose of increasing our UEFA Coefficiency points to try and increase our chances of a decent group in the CL next season.

People need to remember that we were only in a higher pot this season due to some teams not qualifying.

DAFC-MCFC said:
With the players and squad we have, we should be able to compete in Europe as well as in the league and FA cup. Plus, i'd love another trip to Amsterdam for the Europa league final. Still think we have a chance of progressing in the Champions league though!

We have quite a thin squad for European games.

The semi finals of the Europa League are on the 25th April and 2nd May. The first leg is followed by a home game with West Ham, the 2nd leg by a tricky trip to Swansea. We know what happened there last year.

Supposing we're level on points in the league with United and/or Chelsea. What teams would we field for the league and cup games assuming all the players were available?

3rd and Europa league, I like the fact it's something we'd have a fantastic chance of winning, and then having a chance (if we did) in the European Super-cup, where no matter who we faced we'd have a chance as we can beat anyone on our day, then onto the World club stage with a great chance of winning that.

It's a nice little way to raise our profile world-wide and something I'm sure Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour have already considered.

This website will show you just how close to pot 3 we are, also they redused the points you receive in 2009 per game, coincidence?

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.uefa.com/memberassociations/u ... index.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.