We really do have the best fans in the world.

There should be a cap on season cards after a certain age to allow younger supporters a chance to raise the roof at games. Something like 10% of the total for over 60s, say.

There should be a cap on season cards after a certain age to allow younger supporters a chance to raise the roof at games. Something like 10% of the total for over 60s, say.
I know what you're doing but in reality younger people cant be arsed going to matches.

Big problem for football in the future

Families with kids are just as bad for the atmosphere as pensioners but at least that has the benefit of getting a new generation on board.

Oldies tend to confuse boisterousness with “scroteishness” but let’s have it right what anyone refers to when speaking of a good atmosphere is people belting songs out with passion - young men bring that..
Can disabled fans attend in your utopia?

I know what you're doing but in reality younger people cant be arsed going to matches.

Big problem for football in the future
This is the problem football facing you're right but a lot do what to go to big games finals etc then wonder why they can't get tickets.the only way forward if all season card holders get equal chance to turn up at a ticket office at 5am on a pissing down Sunday morning first come first served. :-)

I’m no spring chicken myself but always try and get things going. However, it was noticeable that many of the young pups bouncing around by the river on Friday night and throughout Saturday didn’t seem to be in the ground.
I wasn’t at the game, but that’s what it looked like. Lots of younger fans in Porto singing, chanting and having a good time. As soon as it you could see the city fans in the ground the average age looks to be about 60.

I think it’s clear it’s becoming a problem - lots of younger people have no legitimate access to tickets for these games. It’s a closed shop. Unless your loaded or know someone.

you could see it on the official flights, most of the people with tickets were about 50 or 60. when fans were waiting for the coach most were groups of younger lads. You never see that in the ground.

it’s great that we reward loyalty, but we are stopping the next generation from going to away games.

I keep hearing from posters that say there’s plenty of games to go to - most of those games are Swansea away midweek or similar. Asking a 19 year old to go there midweek!. It would take years to have hope of catching up points wise.

‘you can go to terrible games, but by the way you can’t go to any of the big games.. ‘

Seemed to me like the majority of the younger lads who were building it up down at the riverside and town centre didn't go to the game. It was certainly older school where I was behind the goal, no doubt with many on higher points as those blocks went first. But for me we were fairly decent throughout, especially given the spacing etc, and certainly more vocal than Chelsea. So for all those complaining about the TV mics, maybe next time get yourselves out there ;)

For those that did the “hard yards” - York away, Lincoln, Stoke, Macclesfield etc, thank you so much.

They’ve been rewarded with 5 PL titles and all of the away games in them, 6 League Cup Finals, 4 FA Cup semis at Wembley, 3 FA Cup Finals, countless CL away games, 1 Champions League Final.

How much reward is enough for the “hard yards”?

At what point do we give the next generation the opportunity to put in the yards?

Supporting City was never about being in a closed-off, elite members club. It used to be about welcoming people in, not shutting them out.

great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.