We score when we want

bluecitywugger said:
Rather be singing this, than years ago when we used to sing......."while we are singing please give us a goal".......had great pleasure sing it today to the irritable Newcastle fans who's team were put in its place by a far better free scoreing team ,all be it two pens and without the likes of Silva on the pitch for a full 90 mins.

Rather be singing this, than years ago when we used to sing......."while we are singing please give us a goal"...
--------------------
Actually it was.....

"All we are saying, is give us a goal"

I've waited way, way too long.

Too many years in the wilderness.

Too many years of 2nd rate players turning-in 2nd rate performances with 2nd rate results for a 2nd rate club.

And in one season in particular, racking-up over 2 thousand miles to see a miserly total of 11 City goals - 3 of which were in one game!

But I can understand why some people would be concerned that we don't start exhibiting rag-like attitudes. And we are yet to have the run of results that will inevitably come over a whole season of competing at the top level.

But right now I am enjoying every second of watching the free-flowing sometimes joyous, sumptuous football that is Manchester City in 2011.

And so I have no problem at all when we sing it loud: we are Man City - we score when we want.

Christ, we'll be calling ourselves the best team in the land and all the world next, what a shocking development that would be.

I agree sounds arrogant and it should be only used when teams throw songs like " your just a shit man united" or when we play the rags.

When we're scoring 3 a game, flying and having away fans sing "where were you when you were shit" or "you're just a shit man united" it's perfectly apt and WHEN we win the league in May all we will get is "you bought the league" "your trophy wins are hollow" so i couldn't give a flip if our songs are deemed arrogant or cocky, we won't be getting any so called respect when we achieve things so why should we be humble? We don't win anything for having respectful fans or humble fans so lets just have a good time seeing us at the minute.

Arrogant? Who gives a fuck, why shouldn't we be arrogant, we're top of the league and flying without anyone catching us.

All together now, "we score when we wannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt, we're man city, we score when we want"

1961_vintage said:
I've waited way, way too long.

Too many years in the wilderness.

Too many years of 2nd rate players turning-in 2nd rate performances with 2nd rate results for a 2nd rate club.

And in one season in particular, racking-up over 2 thousand miles to see a miserly total of 11 City goals - 3 of which were in one game!

But I can understand why some people would be concerned that we don't start exhibiting rag-like attitudes. And we are yet to have the run of results that will inevitably come over a whole season of competing at the top level.

But right now I am enjoying every second of watching the free-flowing sometimes joyous, sumptuous football that is Manchester City in 2011.

And so I have no problem at all when we sing it loud: we are Man City - we score when we want.
Should be made into a banner or a song this post......... to many do gooders on here, we have taken shit for 35 years and now I am enjoying every min of this, the sound around the ground when this was sung yesterday was brilliant.

WNRH said:
When we're scoring 3 a game, flying and having away fans sing "where were you when you were shit" or "you're just a shit man united" it's perfectly apt and WHEN we win the league in May all we will get is "you bought the league" "your trophy wins are hollow" so i couldn't give a flip if our songs are deemed arrogant or cocky, we won't be getting any so called respect when we achieve things so why should we be humble? We don't win anything for having respectful fans or humble fans so lets just have a good time seeing us at the minute.

Arrogant? Who gives a fuck, why shouldn't we be arrogant, we're top of the league and flying without anyone catching us.

All together now, "we score when we wannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt, we're man city, we score when we want"
Well.fucking.said!

I agree it sounded awesome yesterday and after them singing your just a shit man united i was happy to give it them! Its a song of irony not arrogence its a piss take and its funny :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.