We were not ‘lucky’ with champions league win. [Analysis] — it’s not what it seemed.

It was in the stars we would win. I always had mega positive vibes about Istanbul, even 2 years ago. And I am just at my sons gaff,and the picture on his June calendar is pure Sky Blue.

Seriously we were out of steam after the season, Rodri and Eddie chose to play blinders. Inter were good, just fortunate their finishing was not up to scratch.

After we went one up we were pretty awful besides Phil's chance which he should've buried. We looked Panicky and allowed Inter to start controlling it and they created a few good chances which they should've at least buried one of them. I think we edged it overall though and Manchester City 1 Inter Milan 0 is all you need to see

The first half was pretty awful from both sides. Beginning of the second half we were more controlled and deserved the lead, imho. But yes, after the goal it looked like we were terrified of conceding, with the result that we nearly did.

Tbf to the team, it's been a long season physically and mentally and it's not surprising, I suppose, that performances dropped off after they won the league.

That's why trebles and quadruples are so difficult, I guess.

The first half was pretty awful from both sides. Beginning of the second half we were more controlled and deserved the lead, imho. But yes, after the goal it looked like we were terrified of conceding, with the result that we nearly did.

Tbf to the team, it's been a long season physically and mentally and it's not surprising, I suppose, that performances dropped off after they won the league.

That's why trebles and quadruples are so difficult, I guess.
No doubt, I do think the fact there was so much pressure on us to win the CL at last I think it was a moment of tightness at times. I can’t see us being tight again now we have won the CL. Massive monkey off the backs.

Things do not just happen out of luck because there’s no such thing as luck. Nobody is ever lucky or unlucky.

Everything is about varied levels of preparation meeting or missing opportunity.
My lucky stars on the Euro Millions last night were one either side of the ones those bastards at the lottery pulled out and after scraping the scratch card Mrs Ewing bought me today I won fuck all despite there being a £2 prize. Perhaps if I swapped hands when removing the covering I’d get lucky!

No doubt, I do think the fact there was so much pressure on us to win the CL at last I think it was a moment of tightness at times. I can’t see us being tight again now we have won the CL. Massive monkey off the backs.
I think that was the difference - Inter just needed the stand-alone game whereas we had to make up a very rare treble. Massive mental effort required from City players!!

Things do not just happen out of luck because there’s no such thing as luck. Nobody is ever lucky or unlucky.

Everything is about varied levels of preparation meeting or missing opportunity.
I agree up to a point, but players aren't robots, balls spin in tricky patterns, and grass isn't perfectly flat.

Look at the FA Cup final - Gundo scored the first because he caught it beautifully. If he had that chance again twenty times, he'd probably only strike it as well on a couple of occasions. The second goal he scored because he mishit it - he clearly didn't plan the exact path it ended up taking.

The team that creates most chances, and controls most of the game, will win most of the time, but there are still random elements because scoring while under pressure in top level football is really hard. Sometimes a team can play badly, but their mishit ball goes in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.